• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCOS

jj87

Has anyone found that since they have lost weight that their hair has reduced in areas apart from head ie facial?.

Has anyone found that since they have lost weight that their hair has reduced in areas apart from head ie facial?.
Yes! I had PCOS many years ago. I went on a very strict diet so I could have IVF treatment.

My diet resulted in a 4 stone weight loss & reversed the symptoms / affects of PCOS.

I also became pregnant naturally... my precious girl is 26 tomorrow!! x

Yes I previously lost 4 stone got pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl. Fast forward two years I've put be the 4 plus another 2 and am struggling and I want to enjoy motherhood more then ever. Motivation right there in itself

Yes I previously lost 4 stone got pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl. Fast forward two years I've put be the 4 plus another 2 and am struggling and I want to enjoy motherhood more then ever. Motivation right there in itself
I know, it's so hard to lose it and then keep it off!

6 years after my first daughter I went on to have another (now 20) and I have not lost any weight since then. So after 20 years at slimming club,losing then gaining more I decided enough is enough! I'm currently 13 days post surgery and 15lb lighter!

Although,be warned it's not easy.... still want to eat!!! Lol x

I have PCOS and have noticed hair loss on my head but unfortunately no where else. Still lots of facial hair - especially the moustache, not noticed reduction there, maybe reduction on the 'beard' - sounds worse than it looks lol. Have lost over 4 stone now but have been having pains worse than ever so not sure it's making a difference really.

I don't have PCOS but I shave daily (mega admission here), as nothing else keeps the hair down. I've tried all sorts. I've not noticed any difference with facial hair (or on other parts of body). My head hair loss has slowed down, but I was talking to Mum today and, unless you know me well, my hair now looks 'normal'. Put it this way - in the winter I NEVER wore a hat. Now I do! That's how thick my hair used to be! Wish it would come off my face!

I don't have PCOS but I shave daily (mega admission here), as nothing else keeps the hair down. I've tried all sorts. I've not noticed any difference with facial hair (or on other parts of body). My head hair loss has slowed down, but I was talking to Mum today and, unless you know me well, my hair now looks 'normal'. Put it this way - in the winter I NEVER wore a hat. Now I do! That's how thick my hair used to be! Wish it would come off my face!
I have to shave daily too @puddytats 20 years post menopause and the hair on my legs has virtually gone, but otherwise everything else the same. Fortunately, my head hasn't lost any (yet). Was checked for PCOS 30 years ago but they said I didn't have it. Hospital prescribed cream but that didn't work and was then offered some tablets but didn't like the look of the side effects and checked with my GP who had my records, and I shouldn't have been given them. Have learned to live with it now. :(

I don't have PCOS either, I've been checked. Hey ho. Hopefully when I lose some more weight, it will help the hair growth slow down a bit. We're a hairy family but I'm the only female with a beard!

I don't have PCOS either, I've been checked. Hey ho. Hopefully when I lose some more weight, it will help the hair growth slow down a bit. We're a hairy family but I'm the only female with a beard!
I had an aunt on my father's side who was also very hairy, but not overweight. As I have inherited a lot of his appearance genes, then think mine is genetic.

I think a lot of people with PCOS are not diagnosed correctly. The hormone tests all came back negative for me, but then I had an everlasting period, fainted, and they took me for a vaginal ultrasound scan. The person who scanned me said right out - 'there's your problem!' - and showed me on the screen - lots of cysts on my ovaries.

I think a lot of people with PCOS are not diagnosed correctly. The hormone tests all came back negative for me, but then I had an everlasting period, fainted, and they took me for a vaginal ultrasound scan. The person who scanned me said right out - 'there's your problem!' - and showed me on the screen - lots of cysts on my ovaries.
Was that the scan where you had to have a full bladder? I had one of those and my ovaries were clear. Don't ever remember having a hormone test for anything - they all just made it up as they went along!! My periods were regular if somewhat heavy with appalling PMT, so they took that into account as a baseline. Was glad to have them out when I was 42. :)

Was that the scan where you had to have a full bladder? I had one of those and my ovaries were clear. Don't ever remember having a hormone test for anything - they all just made it up as they went along!! My periods were regular if somewhat heavy with appalling PMT, so they took that into account as a baseline. Was glad to have them out when I was 42. :)
Do you know it was so long ago I can't remember. Plus I was feeling pretty terrible - a 3 month heavy period is no fun. Always irregular periods and painful and heavy. Am very glad I don't have them any more.

My Dr's believe I have PCOS but not been formally diagnosed as a surprise pregnancy interrupted tests and then after that I was either pregnant or breastfeeding. I have the hirsutism, irregular periods (currently on cd68!) and obviously have issues with weight. My hormones were off on the last blood test before I fell pregnant with my eldest (he'll be 8 in two weeks!). When I saw the GP last she didn't think it would be worth investigating as it's mainly an issue with fertility and having three sprogs, isn't an issue. They may do more investigations at my first hospital as my initial referrel is with a consultant in chemical pathology and metabolic medicine so assume she'll know her stuff. I really hope the hair decreases but I guess being hairy is better than being fat and hairy x

i do have PCOS was diagnosed 16 years ago, i have 2 boys 11 year age gap and yo yo dieted all my adult and late teen life, i get to within a healthy range then can't maintain and gain more, as for facial hair the less i weigh the slower the hair growth is on my face, but everywhere else sprouts up in the spring and continues till autumn

Back