• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
hello everyone, I have been reading everyones threads over the last few weeks. I get so excited reading about you all getting into smaller sizes that I can't wait until its my turn. I hope that doesn't sound like I am jealous because I am not I get excited for you. Could anybody tell me how long the had to wait to hear from the pct about funding. I have been waiting since before Christmas and still no news. Thank you for all your inspiration.

Hi there

I, like you am waiting so I can't help you very much....But someone will be along to let you know their experience soon I'm sure.

All the best.

~@~@~@~@~
@~@~@~@~@
~@~@~@~@

Glad your enjoying reading the boards Dobs.Im paying for my surgery, so can't help you either im afraid, but didn't want to read and run.:bolt:

Some luverrly person will soon come along and help you with what information you need soon i expect.

Em xxx

Hi there and:welcome2: to mini's. If you've been waiting to hear since before christmas then I would start chasing them up. Contact your gp and ask if they've heard anything and if not could they chase them up as well. I only waited a month before I got my funding but different pct's have different time scales but yes deffinately get on their case and find out where you are regarding an answer. Good luck xx:copon:

hello and welcome, you will love it here, everyone is so lovely and inspiring. i am waiting to hear from my PCT to, soo good luck to you. My GP said they meet once a month and I think that is standard so I would chase them up if I was you.

Thank you for your replies I have managed to find an email for the exceptional cases panel at the pct so I think I will email them and ask how far on they are with my case. I do not fully meet the criteria but the dr at the obeisity clinic seemed to think I would get it. I have N.A.F.L disease and a very high BMI so hopefully they will let me have it. I am getting a bit depserate now everything takes so much effort. I can't walk very far without getting pain in my hips and back so I have just got myself a new bike and trying to get some exercise that way. I will keep you all informed. I am also going to my dr on Friday so I will get her to chase them as well.

Hi,

My GP referred me on 27th April, had a letter informing me that my case would go before the funding panel on 5th May, on 7th May heard that I have the funding!! I live in Oxfordshire, my GP had'nt referred anyone before, so I rang the PCT found out their criteria and the person to direct the refferal too. I have been referred to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital, evidentally they say that the operation will be within the 18 week rule, once I have seen the surgeon.

By the way, I was under their bmi range, oh the joy of being told I was'nt fat enough!! my case went before the exceptional circumstances panel, I have type 2 diabetes and dystonia, but also have a daughter with special needs and severe behavioural problems. I wrote a letter to be sent with my gp referral, think it helped.

Hope this helps

Deb

Thank you Deb. That was really quick. I think my paperwork must have got lost because everyone else seems to be getting their answers quick. I have sent the pct an email this morning so hope they get back to me on Tuesday. I was told at the obeisity clinic I could go to either the Luton and Dunstable or UCHL. Please could you keep me informed of how you get on. I will keep a look out for your posts. Good luck and take care.

hi and welcome i live in surrey and mine took about 3 months, why dont you ask gp to chase them up as well .two of you doing it may speed things up good luck:wavey::welcome:

Good luck with the PCT, i hope they come back to u with some answers ASAP! x

Good luck dreamof being slim,
In my case it was only 4 weeks from the letter to the PCT to the date they phoned me to say i had been accepted. From what i have read though it deffinately depends on where you live (dosent seem fair does it! :p) but Blackpool PCT seem to be excellent. So i feel incredibly lucky.
I hope you get a reply to your e-mail asap, but if i were you if i don't hear back i would ring them , i always think its best to chase things up (dont want to get lost in the shuffle) , the people i have spoken to have been really friendly and incredibly helpful! Good luck xxx

Thank you for all your replies. Debs I am going to see the Dr on Friday so I think I will ask her to chase them as well. Sue have you got a date for your surgery? Yours was incredibly quick.

Try ringing the pct. I rang them on Thusday and they said that a letter was being put in the post for me on Friday. Only three weeks since my doctor sent my proforma back to them.
The won't mind you phoning they are really nice.

Thanks Jane 57. I made contact with the pct by email and they are having a meeting on friday and will be discussing my case then, so fingers crossed.

It took 3 months for me to hear from going to gp, then 2 months till first consultation at hosp.Still waiting for op though:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to hear yours has been cancelled Candie have they said why.
It seems to be happening to quite a few people on here. Hope you get your surgery soon. ((hugs))

Back