• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT

GP applied for funding Oct 08.... still waiting.

I have been turned down already even thou I have serious health issues, my BMI is 52.5. My PCT is Luton. Appeal pending.

Hi Gingernutter I was told to ring yesterday and the decision would be made but no such luck. They want more info from my clinician and I need to ring back in 3 weeks. Very frustrating.

hope to hear back soon my doctor wrote to pct and they answered in a week saying noooooo.
so my doctor has wrote a letter asking them to reconsider or tell let us know reason that was 7 weeks ago and still waiting .
i have also wrote to pct next my parents are writing so fingers crossed.

Good luck Kerry. I was a bit upset when I was told no decision been made. I don't think they realise how it affects us. I am going to my gp on Monday so I will ask her if she can send a letter to them. The problem is they want more info from the hospital but Dr Finer has now left addenbrookes and has moved to UCHL and I haven't even met his replacement so I don't know what info the replacement can give.

Hi went to see my dr today and she is going to ring the Dr at the pct tomorrow. She said not to worry about not having seen the new dr at the hospital that took over from Dr Finer because they have all my notes. She is really pleased with how I am doing on the weight loss front. Don't know exactly how much I have lost because I am too heavy for her scales but the pointer on the dial doesn't go round as far as last time she said. I think my scales mustn't be working properly. Trying to only get on them once a week but they are so annoying they say I have put on then I have lost then stayed the same. I get cross with them because these readings can be in the space of a few minutes. Maybe I will ignore the scales for a while and just go on how I feel. Although some days I feel about 90 instead of 39. Hopefully I will have some more news soon. Dr said at least they haven't said no.

Back