• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pea Protein shakes

Muizenberg

Just been researching pea protein powders as an alternative to whey ones . Has anyone tried these ? Any recommendations

Yeah. I need to stay away from soy and whey bc of the hormones in them. I use a pea powder - a bit nasty at first but you get used to it.

Just been researching pea protein powders as an alternative to whey ones . Has anyone tried these ? Any recommendations

I have,
I had pea protein soon after my op and its disgusting stuff it's quite thick when mixed,it appealed to me as I thought it would be ok to mix into meals(savoury)but I couldn't stomach it.
I don't care much for protein shakes either,or could be that I haven't found one that tastes ok.
If it to find something to up your protein intake,I'd just get marvel powder.
The dietician at my hospital doesn't recommend protein shakes,and prefers us to find our protein by foods/drink.
Hope this helps

Hi
Thanks for replying. Currently on the liquid phase but only managing some soya yogurt and tried clear broth today .Tried marvel and milk but appear to have developed an intolerance. Will try and purchase a sample of pea protein.

Received my Pea Protein earlier. Will try in the next few days and update.

Back