• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post bypassers and protein?

lotsabeefy

Just wondering how many bypassers use protein shakes powders etc to up their intake? Do you feel it made a difference?

I personally have never tried them, I manage to get around 80gms perday through food and drink, just wandering if i may need to use them really to push protein up a little x

hi, i have decided to start buying them, im 8wks post-op and know im definetly not getting enough protein. so im hoping i too feel the benefits of them. gonna have a nosey around holland and barratt to see what they recommend. best of luck xx

Yes, I did through my losing stage and pregnancy. I haven't since, but have ensure supplements with 17g protein in. I have suffered muscle wastage due to my disability so protein is very important.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I tried them once and found them awful had different flavours too. I did ask my team and they said that i didnt need them just eat plenty of protein.

Jo
xx

they make me really sick

Im with you on this one Dylis. I have never had a milk shake and hate ice cream so the very thought of a protein shake makes me gag.
I would rather ensure that I got enough protein in via the food method.

The problem is in the first few months it is very difficult to get sufficient protein in, as the volumes you eat are so small. This is also the most important time, when you are healing and when your weight loss is at it's fastest.

If you don't like shakes there are also protein shots, which are like a fruit juice. They come in test tube style containers and you can get them in holland and Barratts, just check the sugar/carb content first.

The simple truth is that if you don't get enough protein in your diet, your body will burn muscle rather than fat leading to muscle wastage, which in turn causes joint pain, weakness, and core problems such as spinal issues. From a cosmetic perspective it is a big contributor to hair loss as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back