• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Penguina done and dusted and on that bench.

penguina

Yep all done and dusted. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice before hand. Armed with lots of tips and warnings, all went well, and feeling fine really at the moment.

I think I had my first mini dump in hospital, although the dietician wouldn't have any of it. I had about 1/2 a fresubin vanilla drink in ITU and felt a bit strange my pulse went up from 70 to 90 beats per minute. The next time I was given one at tea time, (back on a gastric ward) I also felt racing pulse, sicky, tired and had to go quickly to the loo quite quickly. Whatever it was I only had milk after that and was fine. I think I will have to watch my sugar content for a bit.

Having a quarter tin of weightwatchers chicken soup now thinned with milk, - my first real food, and something savory never tasted so good!!

Thank you all again, and move over on that bench.

Thanks you, that will be a bonus. I just want to get back to normal. The bit of soup was lovely. Don't really know what is enough, but it will do for now.

Never having been in hospital before, I just hated it. ITU was excellent, but going onto an understaffed ward I just cried. There were really sick people, not getting the care and drugs they needed as the staff were so stretched.

I was thinking, 'I chose' to put myself here though bad eating, these poeple were so poorly though illness. The lady next to me had been in since 1st May poor love. I have never been in that situation, or seen illness really before and it was humbling and frightening.

Glad all is going well.
I'm with you on the milk not the horrid protein drinks (my gp okayed it)
Get lots of rest, hun
xx

glad all went well! if you hadnt of had the surgery, you would have ended up in that hospital anyway...think of it as preventative action :)

take care of yourself looser ;)

x

I will leave my other problems on the other private post and keep this one for health.

I am not sure how I am doing. I don't think I am getting enough fluids in but my pee is clear. Nothing hurts inside, - I would go as far as saying If I didn't have the marks on the outside I would swear it is a trick and nothing has been done.

When I drink milk it just seems to go straight down. As I am on liquids there is no discomfort or feeling of fullness. I read of people only managing teaspoons of soup, or icecubes size etc, but I can have quite a large quantity. I just stop as I know I shouldn't be having much. Is this because I am basically on free liquids and the small quantities are when it is a bit thicker?

I have had today 2 x half mugs of milk. A bit of water and about I tablespoon of yogurt mixed with 2 of milk and sieved. I am just going to try a couple of table spoons weightwatchers chicken soup watered down with milk and not eating the bits. I am so afraid of dumping as I feel my pulse race when I have anything with sugar. Milk seems fine though.

Any idea's to help me please.

:)Trisha it's a real pleasure to make room for you on the bench:)
-what you're "drinking" sounds good to mexxx

Hi Trisha, I'm on liquids too and have to have 2 litres per day. I have two pints of milk over the course of the day, a fat free actimel, a cup of Bovril (5 grams protein), a little about 200mls of thinned down , sieved soup and the rest in NAS squash. I get throught he milk by having some plai, some with NAS Crusha added and some as latte's. I was having 1 pint of milk and one Fortimel but the gp said I could change that for another pint of milk as it was making me feel sick. I can have sugar free jelly as well but tried it and felt very ill after two teaspoons.
It is a full time job getting it all in but needs to be done. We need the protein for healing and the quantity to avoid dehydration which would make us very poorly.
Hope this helps
xx

Oh, and I started adding a little diluted prune juice yesterday to try and encourage the bowels to start working properly :eek:)

Thank you Miss tickle this is exactly what I need. I will follow your plan and measure out everything so it is in the fridge and I can monitor exactly what I am having. I know I am woefully under on fluid intake, so can address that today. As you can imagine my brain is mush, and I cant think,

so THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. I will follow your plan Nurse Tickle!

Penguina, i hope you are feeling a little better today, tomorrow will be even better xx

A bit better thanks Julie. I am going to take my dressings off today, and have a look at my war wounds. I have just got to try not to do too much. I do something, to keep busy and then think ooh I shouldn't have lifted that, or reached for that. Yep tomorrow is another day.

Yippee I did 2 1/2 poo's today! I am so proud !

Yippee I did 2 1/2 poo's today! I am so proud !

It's funny what gives us pleasure and what we like to share now isn't it lol! I can announce that I 'went' succesfully today as well !!

Back