• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Periods

cathykats

Hey ladies have any of you noticed your periods have become really heavy/clots since having your op?
Sorry for asking such a personal question .

Cathy x

I am pre op however I would suspect that as the fat cells tend to hold a lot of oestrogen, when your loosing weight the oestrogen is released hence making the lining of your uterus thicker which results in heavier periods - try a mirenia coil - little of no periods and hormone only released into uterus so no systemic problems !
Good Luck xx

I have a marina coil but it still not working as still bleeding all the time. Since the op I get times of heavier bleeding, thankfully not as bad as when I had 'normal' periods (I have endometriosis so get bad bleeding and clots.)
I had a very tick lining as had to much oestrogen that was in June had coil in October sadly no luck for me with the no periods but I haven't had clots so that is a good start.

Hi. I have PCOS and had a period just after my surgery (13/01/12) and there was no difference as to what i had before! Lucky ol' me - not - came on again about 2 weeks later and the first day was horrid. Very heavy and big clots - TMI i know! After the first day was over, it all calmed down and went back to normal. I'm hoping this is not a sign of things to come!

Hi ladies

Prior to op I had really heavy periods with clots,
Sometimes couldn't leave house was so heavy and they would last up to 4 weeks.

Since my op 9/9/11 I have had 2 periods 1st one in october that wasn't that bad.
Just bad cramps

Then I next saw a period in January and that lasted 2 weeks wasn't as heavy as before but long,

But hoping this was due to not having a period for 3 months .

So see what happens with my next few.

Everyone is different so there bodies will react differently ultimately hopefully things can only get better xx

Tc peeps

Love
Jojo x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back