• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Personal Question (Men Avert Your Eyes)

Patsy

This is a bit of a personal question that's been racking my brain:wave_cry:. Did your time of the month coincide with your op? My date may be changed and if so, then this will fall slap bang on day one or two of "the curse" lol. Does it affect surgery do the reschedule:sigh:??

LOL omg never thought of that, very good question, mine always pops up when it shouldn't, i'll be interested to know the answer haha.

Hi, there's loads of posts on here where ops have taken place when it's not so 'convenient', it doesn't matter, the doctors & nurses have no issues with it. If it doesn't happen before the op, it will probably happen soon afterwards anyway :sigh: us ladies have a lot to put up with!

Patsy they'll still do it, lets face it you're having an op they can face the blood lol :)

I hope you dont get the curse like i did day 2 post op, most awkward dealing with bits n pieces xx

Patsy they'll still do it, lets face it you're having an op they can face the blood lol :)

I hope you dont get the curse like i did day 2 post op, most awkward dealing with bits n pieces xx

Thanks for the replies everyone. Julie you always make me laugh with your replies. Hmm you may be right re blood aspect, I had an emergency op, and had a cathether (sp). When it came to removal time we had an extra vistor - I was mortified, the nurse told very nice and understanding/sympathetic.

had the biggest totm iv ever had that started the day before my op and i must have told every nurse dr cleaner lol because i was so concerned about it, they didnt bat an eye lid and just said dont worry thats nothing that we have not seen a hundred times before. So dont worry they wont bat an eyelid x

I think I may have mine when I am due for my op. You know these things never go to plan. If I am lucky and everything arrives on time then I may have just finished but mine never does.

i was on my totm when i had my op, went down wearing the paper nickers with a towel in, no tampons aloud.
Now i cant remember if i had them on when i came round, but i seem to think i did?
Anyway, i didnt care cos i was so out of it. In the evening i needed to wee, so the nurse got the commode and i asked for a pair of nickers out my bag, she put a new towel on and then poped my legs in the holes of my nicks lol and thats how it happened! Trust me, you wont care one bit, i felt rubbish and couldnt care who knew i was having my totm... it was more of and effort to try and pee while people were running around on the other side of a flipping curtain lol

anyway, the shock of the op pretty much stopped my totm :) so i was only bleeding for a couple of days that time, which was thankful off as i didnt need to fuss about when i got home, which helped a lot as i was in a bad way!

.x.

I hadn't had a totm for 10 months but thanks to my sugery i took one the morning after my surgery apparently all very common!

ditto! i was leaking blood from my bladder due to being irritated by it into my catheter bag anyway and at clean up time i didn't know if i was coming or going. as it was even after cath removal i carried on leaking for over a week, so much so, as i said, i couldn't work out where it was coming from. nice nurses fixed me up with some adult nappies, lol, but they did the job

tbh, having TOTM is the least of your worries, lol

Last edited:
The paper knickers they give you are they the standard small knickers that only fit a size 8 or are they bigger ones with us having this kind of surgery? just wondering xxx

Good question about the size of paper knickers! A size 8 ha ha maybe if they put a 2 in front & made them a 28 i'll be ok ha ha ha ha

hi
yes it was my tom when i had my band xxx
less reason for anyone else to look down there lol xxx

the knickers are enormous big green massive unsexy ones xxx

im a weeks out now and i was on right on my op date lol just like it and they still went ahead xxxxxx

Its times like these that I luv being old...... what was that, TOM.:confused:

I had my op in 2008 - I hadn't had TOTM all year but started one the day after my op - and boy was it heavy!!.

Had another in the January - flooded for England - and nothing since - I know it was my age - but bloomin' inconvenient at the time.

Your op will still go ahead - I was still having effects from the bowel clearing stuff when I went down to theatre ;) and they didn't bat an eyelid!!

Stop worrying you'll be fine!!

Angela xx

i was due on both days of both my ops and the general put m body in to relaxing so much i was 2 days late both times..when i asked about that mr jain said the anersthetic takes 2 days to leave the body so tis all normal :) x

Back