• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Photos of myself

Andrea73

I had my bypass in October at weighed 16st 4lbs. I now weigh 11st 7lbs and am 14/16 in clothes. I know this is a great weight loss and was really chuffed with myself until I saw my photo. OMG I just didn't like what I saw. My husband has been taking photos of me in my underwear (steady now!!) since I had my op so I could compare the difference but when I saw myself today in the photos I thought I looked so fat still had still have a long way to go. Is this cos I've still got my fat head on?? Does anyone else have this experience?

Thanks

Yep I still feel very fat, even though people are complimenting me a lot:confused::confused:

Our stupid fat heads have a lot to answer for!!!
I think they genuinely do make it so that we have a LOT of trouble seeing ourselves as anything other than fat.
Its a funny thing with pictures, I dont think pictures do many people justice, seeing the 'real thing' is much better. Also, dont forget that you are seeing YOUR view of you, not the you that the rest of the world is seeing.
Just the other day I said to hubby "when exactly do I stop being fat?" and he said "well if I didnt know you and I saw you in the street I wouldnt say look at that big fat girl, youre about average honey". I will never feel that way but he technically is right, your average woman in the street now is a size 16/18 so really I shouldnt stand out, try telling my head that, it is still stuck at size 26+ thinking that I am a heafer!!! Its the same part of your brain that makes you have to plan out a path through places like you (the fuguritive you not you personally) used to have to at a bigger size just in case you didnt fit.
Stupid fat heads!!!
Well done on your success so far by the way, you are doing fantastically xx
Steph xx

Back