• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before and after gaining 7st :-(

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
I was tidying up stuff in the loft this afternoon looking for some photos for my daughter and found these photos of myself one taken 20 years ago and another taken 19 years ago....this was at the only time in my life since being around 7 years old that I have ever been what could be described as thin (was around 10 - 10 1/2 st size 12)....I will admit to having an eating disorder (bulimia) and being insane about going to the gym most days (OK everyday but Sunday) but i was desperate so so desperate to stop being fat that any means was good enough..... but then when I look at the photo that I have on my fridge this last one with the horse I know what putting on 7st has done to me :cry::cry::cry:

I want to get back to that weight range and am prepared to work hard to get there and strangely having found these photos helps...I know I was in a bad bad place mentally back then but with my band in place and a promise to myself to do some form of exercise everyday i intend to get there.

Does anyone else have photos not just the OMG do I really look like this fat photos but the ones from years ago that help you have some confidence you can aim for that again?

Me 20 years ago (full 80's garb:eek:)
17112-albums1222-picture7062.jpg

me 19 years ago on the first ITV telethon day in Brighton collecting money
17112-albums1222-picture7063.jpg

and me recently at 17stone smiling through the pain I felt inside from being fat and deeply unhappy about it...at least my brothers Horse looks happy :D
17112-albums1222-picture7061.jpg

I was tidying up stuff in the loft this afternoon looking for some photos for my daughter and found these photos of myself one taken 20 years ago and another taken 19 years ago....this was at the only time in my life since being around 7 years old that I have ever been what could be described as thin (was around 10 - 10 1/2 st size 12)....I will admit to having an eating disorder (bulimia) and being insane about going to the gym most days (OK everyday but Sunday) but i was desperate so so desperate to stop being fat that any means was good enough..... but then when I look at the photo that I have on my fridge this last one with the horse I know what putting on 7st has done to me :cry::cry::cry:

I want to get back to that weight range and am prepared to work hard to get there and strangely having found these photos helps...I know I was in a bad bad place mentally back then but with my band in place and a promise to myself to do some form of exercise everyday i intend to get there.

Does anyone else have photos not just the OMG do I really look like this fat photos but the ones from years ago that help you have some confidence you can aim for that again?

Me 20 years ago (full 80's garb:eek:)
17112-albums1222-picture7062.jpg

me 19 years ago on the first ITV telethon day in Brighton collecting money
17112-albums1222-picture7063.jpg

and me recently at 17stone smiling through the pain I felt inside from being fat and deeply unhappy about it...at least my brothers Horse looks happy :D
17112-albums1222-picture7061.jpg
Oh yes - i've got those photos too but for the last 20 years i've grown in all the wrong places haha. I'm just looking forward to looking like me again (but a little older)!!!!!!

yeah its such a shame they cant take off a decade or 2 when you get your WLS that would be the icing on the cake:D:D

Yeah used to be proud of the legs and the T1tts not so much anymore lol...thanks for the lovely comments everyone x

wanda i think you look fabooo.. and i have no doubt you will be back to where you want to be...

as for that horse... theres a field across from my house, as i scrolled down and the horse pic came up i hear a niiiieeeeeghhhh ... the timing of those horses across the road is epic (ecept at 4am in the morning when they scare the crap out of me by making a horse type scream noise and bolting down the field) - and your right, that horse does look happy!

.x.

:eek: thanks Easter Chick

and agree Horses look nice but especially when there huge like Amos (Im 5'6" he is huge!) they can be very scary when they decide to have a freak out and charge around :eek::eek::eek:

hey wanda im sure with the help of your band you can get to be where you want to be again in life.
when the times right you can update this thread again but with an new added picture of the new you after you get where you wanna be xxxx

Thanks for sharing the pics Wanda you look great in the early ones and as the others have said you will do again But I can vouch you are still attractive, as Wanda and I met today and she was a great help to me and it was just so good to meet someone who 'has been there' and is still going through the early days and doing brilliantly
I also spoke to shelbell yesterday and she too was brilliant and between them both I have finally decided I am going for the by pass
I too want to be able to look in the mirror and see the me I used to know looking back and not this strange out of shape person

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi wanda brilliant photo's and a good one to show before and after pics in the not too distant future, you are a very determined positive person and I have no doubts you will get to where you want to be, good luck xXx

wow nice pics, the only one i have of me where i was 'thin' is my last school photo and i was a size 8 then..... 2 years later i was up to a size 14 and on a long downward spiral

Thanks Wanda, you have shared a lot of personal insight over the short while I have been here. These have been very helpful to me and I'm sure many others also. You will get back your slender form, but on the inside you will be the same person who has developed their personality and spirit over the past 20 years or so.
Would you REALLY want to be back there as a teenager/v. young adult.
I turned 40 last year and I was really happy as it took me further from adolescence. No-one believed me but it was true. 41 I am NOT so enthusiastic about!

Hi hun just wanted to say that I am wishing you the best for your wls journey & I am sure if you are very determined you can reach your goals. But remember that our shapes do changed over the years so you may not be able to get back the exact figure you once had but you can get back that health and vigor for life that makes you smile with your eyes. You can do it hun.

Nic;)

Back