• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly 8 months on....and I can hardly recognise myself!

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

In the last few months something very perculiar has been going on...people have been walking past me and ignoring me. At first I was insulted but I've since realised they just don't recognise me until I speak. How funny?

This is totally bizarre to me so I took some photos today to do some comparison shots. There is a little tiny pic by my signature but I can't work out how to get the big ones that people have. More photos in my album though if anyone is interested. I was actually really shocked to see myself. Firstly, I'd forgotten just how big I was (23 stone!) and secondly, I just can't quite recognise myself in the most recent photo...I kind of look 'normal' and I just don't understand this. Eeeek!

I weigh just over 14 stone now and am still an 18-20 so I don't know what will happen if I ever get to my ideal weight of about 10 stone. I feel very strange about all this and just thought I'd share to see if anyone else has felt similar.

Bye for now,

L x :D

WOW well done and Congratulations x

Oops...ignore that post above. It didn't do what I thought it might do. LOL

Thanks Jacqui :) I'm definitely still that size though!!! LOL. I'm on the short side so that doesn't help :)

Hmmm...not sure what's happening with the pics. When I look they are there and some people have commented. Maybe I have my privacy settings set up tightly. I must find out how to post them under my signature so they are a bit bigger. If anyone knows how, let me know!

I remember when you'd not long had your op and you'd posted that you'd lost two stone so far and couldn't see any difference (we all could)....look how far you have come in 8 months, you have done so well, you must be so pleased xxx

I remember when you'd not long had your op and you'd posted that you'd lost two stone so far and couldn't see any difference (we all could)....look how far you have come in 8 months, you have done so well, you must be so pleased xxx

I'm really pleased now Angie. I still have quite a bit to go but I just can't believe how different I look. I was so surprised when I saw the photos....that's not how I see myself in my head at all... or even in the mirror!

I'm really pleased now Angie. I still have quite a bit to go but I just can't believe how different I look. I was so surprised when I saw the photos....that's not how I see myself in my head at all... or even in the mirror!

I think everyone says it takes a while for the head to catch up with the body...I hope soon you will see the very beautiful girl that we all do when we look at your pics xxx

You look really beautiful. Thank you for sharing your inspirational pictures. I hope your head catches up soon. xxxx

You've done amazingly well! You look gorgeous.
I hope by this time next year I'm on the same track x

You look beautiful Lisa and must feel amazing, well done love.
I cant wait to be where you are, but next year is my year and i cant wait.
Iv always said i would love to be a size 18 and im still saying that, any more would be a bonus but if i was told that i would stop losing weight as soon as i reached a size 18 i would still have my bypass and would love it.
You look great love, keep up the good work xxx

Back