• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Physcologist appointment - Help!

Linski

Just wondering what the physcologist (spelling?) asked you when you saw him? I plan on just being truthful and open but wondered what he may ask me.

My appointment is next week Dr Kendrick - Walsall Manor.

Cheers all

Lin xxx

Hi! I am in California in the USA, so I dont know if it will be different but the doctor I saw talked to me for about 45 minutes. About who I am and what I expect from the surgery and what support system I have in place. Then he gave me a LONG test. Which he later called and told me the results of. I was told not to be suprised if it came back that I have an addictived personality (hint FOOD is my best friend lol) That traite is almost always found in people needing
weight loss surgery. When he called he told me exactly what my RN at the support group meeetings had said.
My surgery is schedualed January 24,2011, and I am So excited.
Im also so happy I found this sight.
take care and I hope everything goes well for you
Bran

Hi Lin,

It was only an informal chat and not intimidating in any way.. very pleasant actually...

It's about childhood eating habits, formation of adult pattern of eating and how you see yourself handling the mind side of surgery... also understanding that if you have some problems before... these can follow you post surgery.

So just be yourself, relax and enjoy it, it was nothing to worry about.

Love and warm hugs precious xxx

Its nothing to worry about atall.....like Bev said its just a chat really. They ask about eating habits etc, childhood eating and general questions about family life. The main thing she asked about was how much I knew about the op and what I expected of it etc. I think they just want to know if you have realistic expectations of it and dont think its a magic pill. I told her I came on this forum and spoke to post and pre oppers so had a really good view from both sides :D Good Luck hun and dont worry XX

Don't worry Lin
Mr Kendrick is very nice, he asked me about my eating habits and when he realised that I sometimes skipped meals when I was at work, he was very quick to point out that this was not an option post op as I would need to eat 4 small meals a day. He also said that post op if I felt I was slipping back into old eating habits to make an appointment to see him as soon as possible.

He joked with me that he was the last hurdle I had to get over to be allowed surgery.

He was very supportive so don't worry

Hope this helps

Sue xxx

Lin i answered it on the Massive page. Good luck sweetheart, let me know how it goes xx

Hi

I saw Mr Kendrick over here in belfast before I was put on list for surgery. He is a really nice man, very supportive. You need to be totally honest with him cos he will prob know if ur not. He spoke to me about how supportive my husband and my family were in my bid to lose weight, how I would cope with the excess skin, a wee bit about why I thought I was so obese, spoke to me about my bingeing (I had CBT which stopped this a yr earlier).
When he finished he shook my hand and told me that this op was the right thing for me and that he would love to see me 6 months later

Hope all goes well
x

Thank you everyone I feel so much better now. I don't know what I would do without you all.

Lin xxx

Back