• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise with pct/ plastic surgeon

nikki23

Hiya all I was wondering if anybody could help me out, last year I lost 6 n half stone in 10 months not with any help was all done with exercise and change of diet. Now I am left with horrible skin I have been referred to a plastic surgeon had my appointment with him, he then spoke with the pct they asked for pictures so I had those done about 2 week ago they said they will be discussing me in full at the end of the month. I was wondering if anybody else is at this stage or how long it will take before anything is sorted for me.

well at least they going to discuss it. I was told when i went into have my bypass that it won't be available after my 2 years is up on NHS that is however i am a coward and would have had to seriously consider such an operation i am such a softy would rather put up with the bingo wings. Good luck hope it all works out for you xx

Mines for my stomach and breast but it isn't going to be implants and it won't b a full tummy tuck either dont know the right names for them. Just want to know what's going to be happening and hear other stories like mine maybe.

nikki23 said:
Mines for my stomach and breast but it isn't going to be implants and it won't b a full tummy tuck either dont know the right names for them. Just want to know what's going to be happening and hear other stories like mine maybe.

Hi nicki well done on your weight loss, I'm not sure which area your in, as your area seems to have done this in a different way than I've heard of, normaly dr asks pct for funding first, then when it's agreed you get to see the surgeon, I'm sure I've read a few that have done it the way your area has tho, maybe the meeting at the end of the month is with your local pct so all the evidence and surgeon reports can be put to them,in my opinion this is a much better way of doing it,as many get let down by the pct who have never even seen how bad there needs are.
Once they have had there meeting you should hear back pretty soon:) I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the surgery you really deserve x

Last edited:
Yes i can understand why you want to have those areas done my breasts have lost all their fullness I just wear more supportive bras now but understand you feel you need to have this sorted. may be in the future i will want to do the same when i'v lost a bit more, i have lost 8 stone since the very beginning of my journey but toning up as i lose have always exercised but always weigh more than other people my size hope you get the go ahead n get sorted xx

Thank you so much :) I just thought this was the normal way to do it as my doctor said they wasn't allowed to apply for the funding, so then my surgeon said he would do for it. I'm in the north west as well just thought was same for all areas. I never ever thought I would be left with so much skin I didn't even think about it till its happened. I'm hoping that's what is going to happen dizzy at the meeting my surgeon is very supportive though aswell which I think is good. Chris 8 stone is awesome well done on losing so much :eek: xx

Thanx Nikki I hope your surgeon come sup trumps for you. Have you always exercised? I have for years and have always been very active even at my heaviest i have done pilates zumba gym and other sporting activities, i spend a lot of time moving around and i have found that my skin is tightening it will never be taught but it is going but i know i will have excess when i finish its inevitable really but I won't give in without a try my problem areas have always been bum and thighs a size bigger than my waist, however my bum has gone down an awful lot but thighs still large but have reduced a bit it sometimes worries me to think what will happen if i stop all the exercise because i will have loads of excess skin i need another 4 stone off to get to where i was before i had my kids 25 years ago n i would still be 13 stone so not like i would be skinny skinny but i would think i was twiggy. We all have our own thouyghts n ideas and it does help sharing with people make you take stock of your own situation xx fingers xx for you xx

Before I lost any weight I was quite lazy if I'm honest, but now I am very active I'm never sat still plus with my job that's active work I did join a gym also on top of my exercise I did daily/weekly but there was no change what so ever. I was not far of 18 stone now I am done to 11.3 so I Wudnt say I'm skinny myself but compared to how I was there's a big difference. I also have problems with skin on the inside of my thighs do u? I don't have any children yet but I do want to have a baby but hats why they said a full tummy tuck Wudnt be worth my while were as just the bottom bit removed which hangs is suitable, if I'm honest that's all that bothers me. Thankyou aswell got all mine crossed to hope u get where u want also xx

Yes Nikki i ahve saggy flesh on my thighs and they are the hardest to tone up i invent all kinds of exercises my self to so thatmy body doesn't just get used to one sort of exercise i have a pilates ball and do stuff on that as well. I have had 2 children but they are 23 and nearly 25 so my stomach just filled up with fat where the babieshad been so that is where i am toning up. You are lucky enough to start off watching your body so that when prgnancy starts you will be able to carry on exercising healthily so that you take care of your skin as you grow over the 9 months which hopefully will snap back in place if you get professional help at the gym. best wishes and may we both get to where we want to go xx

I was hoping the inside would tone up as time goes on but nowhere eles is so I doubt that will happen. I'm only 23 myself my doctor actually told me no matter how much exercise i do nothin will solve my problem with the bottom of my stomach or breast. That's what I want to be able do to keep my body in shape after kids etc don't want it going back down hill. Thankyou for taking the time to speak with me about it /) I really appreciate it xx

nikki23 said:
Thank you so much :) I just thought this was the normal way to do it as my doctor said they wasn't allowed to apply for the funding, so then my surgeon said he would do for it. I'm in the north west as well just thought was same for all areas. I never ever thought I would be left with so much skin I didn't even think about it till its happened. I'm hoping that's what is going to happen dizzy at the meeting my surgeon is very supportive though aswell which I think is good. Chris 8 stone is awesome well done on losing so much :eek: xx

Niki I'm in the north west too,I've lost 16 stone and have been refused once,I suffer with my tummy arms boobs etc there is not a cat in hell's chance they would do my breasts so I won't even bother asking,the only reason they are doing my tummy is I fit all there criertia for body contouring as set out in there strict guide lines,my loose skin picks are on here in another feed called my tummy tuck diary xxx

Yes somethings will never go back to what they were we can only strive to make the best of what we've got suppose I'm lucky i'm 46 your'e just a young girl and can understand why its important to you do have it done now, mine isn't that important well not at the moment it isn't but could well be an issue further down the line. Hope it all goes ahead for you after you've made such brill progress xx

Wow 16 stone that is a achievement and half, everyone's is but 16 stone omg well done u :) my tummy is the main thing for me I feel so uncomfortable with it I have problems with it also, even if I get refused I'm going to find a way to get this done as I cannot carry on with it like that, but I bet a lot of people feel exactly the same also. I don't want implants at all I should only be wearing a B cup but coz of the skin I have to wear DD, my surgeon is trying to get me funding for that but were tey just remove the skin, I'm unsure of the name of the procedure. X

Thanks Hun,it's the worse feeling suffering with loose skin because it's a silent suffer noone knows what your hiding under your clothes n it's not something you openly speak about :( by the sounds of things you will get your funding,I know a friend also from the north west,she lost 6 stone went to her gp and was booked in for a tuck 6 weeks later! So fingers crossed x

I really hope your right as it will take me years to save that amount of money up! I looked at your pictures and omg u look amazing it's unreal u look like a completely different person. Do u feel as thou u ain't achieved Wat u set out to do with the skin problem? That's how I feel just wondering if others do also x

Ummm no I don't feel like that,but if I'm honest I'd never even thought about loose skin when I'd finished,even when I reached target and had the skin I just thought it will go,I need to exercise but sadley I found out it wasn't that simple,you've got to remember that now you have lost the weight your healthy,and no one can see your skin :) only you know it's there so don't feel you can't be happy with your amazing achievement,you have every chance of being given your op so smile :) x

I never thought my skin would be like this either until it happened, yeah your right there it is an achievement. Thank you for sharing your story also :) x

nikki23 said:
I never thought my skin would be like this either until it happened, yeah your right there it is an achievement. Thank you for sharing your story also :) x

Keep us updated I have my fingers crossed for you Xxx

Back