• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

plastic tube from nose to stomach

Big joe

Hi everyone..anyone pls help...im having the gastric bypass..and read that some times they put a tube nose to stomach..is it through the nose? Is it in when you wake up? Anyone pls explain. Thank you

That's a feeding tube. You only have them if your malnourished or have feeding problems after your bypass. You don't get them during surgery, so don't worry :)

Hi everyone..anyone pls help...im having the gastric bypass..and read that some times they put a tube nose to stomach..is it through the nose? Is it in when you wake up? Anyone pls explain. Thank you

If it's the one I had, it's a gastric nasal tube to help remove bile from the stomach, wasn't used to feed me.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had one during the operation they pumped blue dye in to make sure the joins on my new stomach was water tight. It was gone by the time I woke and I only new about it as the recovery nurse told me about it when I snorted blue dye in the recovery room!!!

I had the blue dye one they removed it while in HDU it was up nose and down back of throat... I was aware when they took it out and it was not pleasant however it was done in seconds and as I was doped up it was not heinous and if I can do it anyone can so don't fret

jo x

Hi Big Joe , I had one in when I woke up in recovery. It was used to put blue dye in to check the seals. A nurse removed it straight away but it was so quick, I hardly noticed!
:)

Back