• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked up :)

hayley1983

Hey everyone,

Following on from yesterday, I'm having my gastric bypass on 19th August @ Sheffield with Mr Roger Ackroyd.

:bliss:

The only thing I'm worried about is waking up with a tube in my nose :eek: Is there a chance this might happen? Just so that I can prepare myself for it :(

Thanks

xxx

:D congrats on your date,bet your super excited.
Ill be trying to get out of hospital on that day, think of me as I try to make my escape lol

My surgeon says a tube in the nose is standard as its there to drain anything from the pouch for the first day while it heals. Ohh im so looking forward to that, mind you would prefer the tube up the nose to the catheter, but lucky ol' me i get both lol

Hi Hayley

Woo hoo, fantastice news. Cant answer your question though as you know I have a band.

You will be on the pre op soon, which one do you have to go for bypass with WLSG, its slim fast and fruit and veg for banders who go with them.

Maz x

Congrats Hayley!! No tubes up nose or up your moo moo (medical technical jargon I use here) if you are key hole, different if you are open I'm afraid (from what I gather).

Not long to go and we will be the biggest bunch of losers on the internet!!! Wow!

:D congrats on your date,bet your super excited.
Ill be trying to get out of hospital on that day, think of me as I try to make my escape lol

My surgeon says a tube in the nose is standard as its there to drain anything from the pouch for the first day while it heals. Ohh im so looking forward to that, mind you would prefer the tube up the nose to the catheter, but lucky ol' me i get both lol

Escaping sounds fun :D I love being mischevious :)

Congrats Hayley!! No tubes up nose or up your moo moo (medical technical jargon I use here) if you are key hole, different if you are open I'm afraid (from what I gather).

Not long to go and we will be the biggest bunch of losers on the internet!!! Wow!

lol thats funny :D

It might be different for different surgeons then, but I'm having keyhole so fingers crossed I can relax when I wake up and not try pulling a tube out of my nose, which I did when I had my gall bladder removed. They nearly put me in a striaight jacket to keep my hands away :D

xxx

lol thats funny :D

It might be different for different surgeons then, but I'm having keyhole so fingers crossed I can relax when I wake up and not try pulling a tube out of my nose, which I did when I had my gall bladder removed. They nearly put me in a striaight jacket to keep my hands away :D

xxx

haha Im more worried about the anaestetic, i know its spelt wrong, cba to check lol.
Im sure when I went in for my nose job, got it broke, I threw up and called someona a name

Hi Haley, Mr Ackroyd did my band and I did'nt have a tube up my nose. I know you're going to have a bypass but I think its different situations that may need a tube.I hope you don't need one though. If you do,don'y worry it will all be worth it in the end. Mr Ackroyd if a brilliant surgeon so you're in safe hands. Can I ask why you're coming to Sheffield to have your op??

I had keyhole and I had a tube up my nose for draining the dye. It is annoying especially when my 14 week old baby grabbed it and started pulling lol.

Clare x

Hi Haley, Mr Ackroyd did my band and I did'nt have a tube up my nose. I know you're going to have a bypass but I think its different situations that may need a tube.I hope you don't need one though. If you do,don'y worry it will all be worth it in the end. Mr Ackroyd if a brilliant surgeon so you're in safe hands. Can I ask why you're coming to Sheffield to have your op??

Because it's the closest to me. I could have gone to Rochdale but iy would have been a treck seen as we are getting the train down :)

congratulations on your very soon date x

haha Im more worried about the anaestetic, i know its spelt wrong, cba to check lol.
Im sure when I went in for my nose job, got it broke, I threw up and called someona a name

Omg...lol
You got a broken nose because you threw up and called them a name?
(((hugs)))

Well done Hayley on your date.

You must be so excited.

I will look forward to reading about your journey.

Congratulations.

(((hugs)))

Back