• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please answer this ....

pandora

finding my way again !
Is it wrong to be a friend to your children aswell as their mother ?

no i dont think so, as long as they know your the boss lol... my daughter is 12 and it is just us at home.. she is my bestest bud x

I dont think its wrong Cheryl, as long as the kids know the boundaries and know you are mom first, friend second.

no i dont think so but some people do but i also think you still have to disapline them also or they will walk all over you unless your child is the exception and good as gold i think the open you are with your child the more they trust you and tell you things as they grow up xxxx

my daughter is 24 soon and weve been bestest friends all her life. She tells me everything. And now shes older she actually said she's glad that i disciplined her as its made her a much better person than she would have been. You ok honey?

same as above.....as long as there are boundaries then of course you can be a friend too...i think you SHOULD be!

Thank you , I am friends with my two & although I have my run ins with the eldest cos she is feisty & im laid back , at the end of the day she knows of I say no its no & we have a good trust between each other .
My sister is having major issues with her eldest (16) & cos I have tried to help I am now getting grief ... she says I shouldn't be their friends , well sorry at least my kids talk to me , not lie & stay out all night like my niece , cos sis doesn't agree with her friends !
Sorry , needed to rant

Im best friends with my daughter now but she is almost 27. I never had a friendship as such with her when she was a young teen, we clashed terribly. She has lived back at home now for over 5 years and we rub along very well. I do feel I confide in her more than she does in me though lol!!

Funny u should ask this question, me and my mom have always been great friends always there for each other I could tell her anything she could tell me anything all was great web we lived together, now iv moved out got 2 kids and a fella it's all back fired apparently now she's saying I disrespect her that I should have respect for her and I'm never there for her, all because I don't go round every day, she's single and gets very lonely and she makes me feel bad for being in a relationship she says web my fellas there I never want ti know her I don't call and I should, my fella works away most weeks so I only get the weekend with him and if I'm doing something that don't involve her she wants to know why??? Most moms would b happy there daughters lost 10.5 stone!!!! Not my mom she says u look haggered and too thin, ur looking ill.... She will say things like ' gosh it's not Like me to have to buy the fat ******* sizes and u to buy the thin sizes in clothes it's normally the other wat round' this is wen we r shopping and I'm fitting in a 14 and she's a 20!!!! Also she will say things like wow uv done fab I wish I could have something done but iv never been fatter than u and ain't as obese as u was so couldn't have it!!!
She sounds like a witch and she isn't really but she sees me as a friend and is jealous of my life, and I ain't innocent I don't talk to her as a mother at times but this is wat I'm use to iv been use to her being my friend rather than a mom!! X

Thank you , I am friends with my two & although I have my run ins with the eldest cos she is feisty & im laid back , at the end of the day she knows of I say no its no & we have a good trust between each other .
My sister is having major issues with her eldest (16) & cos I have tried to help I am now getting grief ... she says I shouldn't be their friends , well sorry at least my kids talk to me , not lie & stay out all night like my niece , cos sis doesn't agree with her friends !
Sorry , needed to rant
exactly! let her get on with it, i would xxx

I agree with what everyone else has said. My mum has never been my friend, she's only ever been a mum. The result being I NEVER tell her anything and never have done my entire life and spent most of my teen years rebelling against her. Even now we don't particularly get on.

H xx

I think as well its part of being a single mum & having daughters .

Funny u should ask this question, me and my mom have always been great friends always there for each other I could tell her anything she could tell me anything all was great web we lived together, now iv moved out got 2 kids and a fella it's all back fired apparently now she's saying I disrespect her that I should have respect for her and I'm never there for her, all because I don't go round every day, she's single and gets very lonely and she makes me feel bad for being in a relationship she says web my fellas there I never want ti know her I don't call and I should, my fella works away most weeks so I only get the weekend with him and if I'm doing something that don't involve her she wants to know why??? Most moms would b happy there daughters lost 10.5 stone!!!! Not my mom she says u look haggered and too thin, ur looking ill.... She will say things like ' gosh it's not Like me to have to buy the fat ******* sizes and u to buy the thin sizes in clothes it's normally the other wat round' this is wen we r shopping and I'm fitting in a 14 and she's a 20!!!! Also she will say things like wow uv done fab I wish I could have something done but iv never been fatter than u and ain't as obese as u was so couldn't have it!!!
She sounds like a witch and she isn't really but she sees me as a friend and is jealous of my life, and I ain't innocent I don't talk to her as a mother at times but this is wat I'm use to iv been use to her being my friend rather than a mom!! X
sounds like she misses u honey :( cant u fix her up with a bloke? lol

My 30 year old daughter and my 13 year old daughter are my best friends.

They have never lied to me unlike their mates with their parents, and I dont let them do whatever they want we have ground rules etc but they know they can come to me and i will try and help and not judge and say 'I told you so'after i have advised them but I let them make their own mistakes!
Hopefully we have an atmosphere of honesty!
Its worked with the 30 year old, now praying it does with the 13 year old.

Parenting is so hard isnt it? Some times it feels like Russian Roulette.

xxx

I have a very good relationship with my son but not with my daughter.
The reason I have no relationship with my daughter is because of my mother.
I have not spoken to my mum since christmas 2006,this being she helped take my kids of me and they went into care. The only good thing about that was they went to live with my sister but like my mum not spoken to her since xmas 06 either.
My son came home when he was 18, now we just live in hope that our daughter comes home then too. We have another year to wait for this and hopefully then I cam rebuild my relationship with her

Caren said:
sounds like she misses u honey :( cant u fix her up with a bloke? lol

That's my new years resolution lol to get her a man :)

I have a fab relationship with my daughter she's only 7 but my best friend, theirs only me and her in the house (well the dog too). She made me a card today on the front it said :- to mam you are like a bear or Santa, and inside it said :- to remember me when your in hospital love you Emily. It had about 5 photos of her with me and family :) she's so sweet. I definitely think you can be friends a swell as a mum and wouldn't have it any other way x x x

My eldest will tell me everything & her friends have been known to come to me too ... because I am not judgmental ( unlike my sister)
In fact 2 of her friends came me when they started their monthlies & asked me to tell their mums .

Stop letting yur flippin sister upset you hun !!!
Your girls are happy and her daughter confides in you, that gets her back up so she lashes out at you, most of your problems stem from your sister !!!! Keep doing what you do and let her deal with her problems xxxxxxxxxxxx

You are right in a way Dawn
Although I am the eldest , I was the accident , she was the planned one .. that was a major issue for my right into my 20's
Although I quite like it , she is on the same wave length as my mum , I'm not
When I had Charlii I always felt I had to live up to her as a mother (10 mths between the girls )
But now I know we are like chalk & cheese , I just wanted to confirm I wasn't wrong just cos my attitude was different to hers

Back