• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please be honest

terri.c

i am booked for a wrap a week tomorrow, paid for flights hotel and deposit 300 pounds.
I am going with BBC Prague and i have looked through the internet sites and reviews and have not really found anything negative. I Just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that some of you dont recommend it, please let me know if there has been any bad experiences for anyone as i would much rather know.
likewise if its positive please tell me too!
i am using every penny i have to fund it and would be gutted if the clinic/surgeon are rubbish.
thanks in advance all of you .
i feel i have made some lovely friends here x:)

I hope everything goes brilliantly for you, don't forget UK based surgery brings its own share if good and bad experiences too xx

I hope everything goes brilliantly for you, don't forget UK based surgery brings its own share if good and bad experiences too xx
yes you are right! never heard of MRSA in Prague. Maybe i am getting pre-op doubts/nerves etc x

hi and good luck hun. its already been said but everywhere has good and bad feedback. the only thing with having it there is your not at home but if thats ok 4 u then go 4 it. that would be only thing stopping me if i was self funding. i think your really brave, and im sure everything will be fine :) good luck again and look forward to reading ur progress xx

i am booked for a wrap a week tomorrow, paid for flights hotel and deposit 300 pounds.
I am going with BBC Prague and i have looked through the internet sites and reviews and have not really found anything negative. I Just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that some of you dont recommend it, please let me know if there has been any bad experiences for anyone as i would much rather know.
likewise if its positive please tell me too!
i am using every penny i have to fund it and would be gutted if the clinic/surgeon are rubbish.
thanks in advance all of you .
i feel i have made some lovely friends here x:)

Provided the after care package is reliable it should be OK. What happens if you need emergency care post op? would their insurance cover medevac back to the UK?, what happens if you suffer complications once you're home? will the NHS be prepared to pick up the tab? would you have to fly back to Prague? What about blood tests etc post op, who does that? What's your GP's attitude to surgery outside of the UK? some are really unhelpful others are OK with it.

If they have answered these questions for you and you're happy with it then there is no reason for you to be any more worried than if you were having it done here. Personally I would never consider having surgery outside of the UK USA Germany, but that doesn't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things, it's your choice that matters here no one else's

MSRA does exist in Prague just as it does in all European countries. You will see cosmetic clinics out there claiming that Prague has the lowest rates in Europe, but they are using 2002 data so beware of the hype, however even more recent data shows the number of instances of MSRA in Prague are much much lower than in the UK for instance so that's a risk but certainly no greater than the risk you'd find in the UK so don' worry about it unduly

I'm sure if you are happy with the after care then you'll be just fine. Good luck with it xxx

About six months ago, someone from the forum had a wrap with BBC, and it wasn't small enough. They only wrapped her to 500ml, and I believe her losses were poor. That's the reason why people are being quiet about BBC, sorry. Just make sure you ask what size your wrap will be. I believe it should be 150 ml, but check that!

Hi Terri,
BBC now use Prague 3 clinic ( with no specified Dr) and NOT Prague 7 (I may have the clinics the ewrong way round) that Martin Fried operates from. If you look at your previous thread, I have explained my dealings with BBC there. Victoria x

Hi Terri,
BBC now use Prague 3 clinic ( with no specified Dr) and NOT Prague 7 (I may have the clinics the ewrong way round) that Martin Fried operates from. If you look at your previous thread, I have explained my dealings with BBC there. Victoria x
thanks Victoria i am going to email Maria now and ask which surgeon is doing the wrap x

Hi Terri,

No problem I just hope it gets sorted for you with the outcome that you require. Hugs Victoria x

terri.c said:
H Angee didi you get any money back from BBC Prague ? how do you find the wrap ? x

No. I just lost my deposit and the £100 I paid for the pre op procedures, also BBC would have rescheduled my op had I wished. I later decided to go ahead with my knee replacement while I had the chance which means I have to wait until august before I can fly and have the wrap so I have booked for august 13th. I decided on the wrap as I feel it is the safest method. The fact that it is reversible appears to put some people off but that would only be an option if there were problems and I can find none on record.

wannabeminime said:
Hi Angee!:D As you can see, i am still hoping to go in August! :D We had better book our flights soon!

So pleased about that Yes we can book our flights and I will get my euros while the exchange is good. The orthopaedic doc here is keen for me to get it done as well

So pleased about that Yes we can book our flights and I will get my euros while the exchange is good. The orthopaedic doc here is keen for me to get it done as well

I just need to arrange my loan with i will do in the next few days. I'll let you know when its done :)

No. I just lost my deposit and the £100 I paid for the pre op procedures, also BBC would have rescheduled my op had I wished. I later decided to go ahead with my knee replacement while I had the chance which means I have to wait until august before I can fly and have the wrap so I have booked for august 13th. I decided on the wrap as I feel it is the safest method. The fact that it is reversible appears to put some people off but that would only be an option if there were problems and I can find none on record.
i will let you know how i get on, on Monday. Have looked on the N.I.C.E. website and all the Drs and specilaists rate the wrap!

terri.c said:
i will let you know how i get on, on Monday. Have looked on the N.I.C.E. website and all the Drs and specilaists rate the wrap!

Yes please let us know. The surgeon will speak to you during your pre op procedures and you can confirm the stomach size you will have left with him. His English is good. It would be interesting and give a fair review of his procedure.

Back