• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help...Cosmetic bliss anyone know anythng about them ???

babybell

I was thinking about going private if i can get the money , i was reading about places that do it on the net and rang a few up...Bupa is 8,000 wow thats alot and this cometic bliss seems to have good write ups......so anyone been with them or know anything about them ????? x

Hi, sorry don't know much about them but I have searched for almost all of the private companies. Bodiesbeautiful, healthier weight, medjourneys and think bodies beautiful is the cheapes one for bypass. i have spoken with them and will be flying to prague in October.

Any company with cosmetic in the title is not focussed on wls. Choose one with a track record in wls.

I understand where you are coming from Encore but i had mine through Marcus Landaur Cosmetic Surgery and got the wonderful Mr Ammori and two years after care. You are right though they don't specifically deal in wls but i couldn't fault this company so there are maybe some others out there just like it, but can't say i have heard of Cosmetic Bliss x

Last edited:
I dont know anything about cosmetic bliss except that a few posts promoting their service have been removed as spam.

I've tried to research cosmetic bliss and can only find good reports (both on here and elsewhere). Their prices are good and they have been running for a good few years and are also in the USA market. if you find out anything further definately post it! The links on here provide a fair bit of info.

Yes i have deffo heard of them, i have having my surgery with them on the 14th September!

I, however, am having the sleeve done not the band.

So far everything has been excellent. Sent my medical questionnaire on the 2nd August, had a phone call from the lovely Michael the next day and 2 days later was told i had been approved!

I cannot agree with the poster who said that because it had "cosmetic" in the title that they do not focus on wls, the surgeon operates in his own bariatric hospital for crying out loud! He teaches other doctors on bariatric surgery!!

So yes i would HIGHLY recommend their service so far.

If you want to know anything else just let me know. :)

before I got NHS funding for bypass surgery, I looked at getting a band with Cosmetic Bliss... the price was excellent, and the guy rang me and talked me through the whole process - we chatted on the phone for an hour - it seemed such a personal service, and I did as much research on them as I could, and it was all positive. Hope this helps, and good luck with your decision xx

NHS for funding turned down, so I'm looking round now!
Cosmetic Bliss does seem the deal, can't find any bad reviews I must say. Have talked to Micheal and am hoping for a date early October - am still looking at other companies though, cor I don't really know where to start!

Cathy x

i had my band done by the hospital group last week it cost me £5950 with 2 year aftercare unlim band fill ,people had said bad things about them but so far i think they have been brill got picked up from london to private hospital just near worcestershire all in the price staff were lovely couldnt do enought for me even had the nurse phone me last week to see how i was feeling ,i can phone someone 24 /7 if i need to talk to ask them something ,so far so good im even going to have surgery done by them when i lose all my weight im that pleased with them ,like i said i know its only been a week but im very happy with them but that could all change but cant fault them so far
good luck i know it alot of money but dont give up have it done you wont regret it

Thanks Claudia! You've done so well, good on you! xxx

I will also be having my surgery with Cosmetic Bliss (as soon as i decide on band or sleeve!).

I did a lot of research also and apart from price, reviews have all been fantastic!

Really looking forward to hearing your experiences as i also have been looking at cosmetic bliss reputation and if funding is turned down will prob go private. please let me know how everything goes. gud luck xxxxx

Good luck with everything :) I know nothing about cosmetic bliss and I'm going to have a mooch myself with going private :) Just be careful though some companies pay to remove bad reviews (not saying this company is though for 1 minute) just be a where. Good luck with everything :) xxx

Ok this may be a daft question, but how do you go about paying for a private operation. Do you pay monthly installments as you would with a bank loan or car loan - or do you have to have a % deposit upfront??? Can you get a bank loan for a bypass op?

If I can't get NHS funding I'd go private - from the way this government's going I think everything's either going to be pulled or privatised.

hmmmmm i dont know really, i know most places ive rang dont do monthly payments. its 500 up-front and the rest a month later. ive ask my dad to lend me the money and he said yes. i just dont think i could wait over a year. xx

I will also be having my surgery with Cosmetic Bliss (as soon as i decide on band or sleeve!).

I did a lot of research also and apart from price, reviews have all been fantastic!

Deets i am sorting out my funding and hoping to go with cosmetic bliss definately update through the process and once you're "done"! EmmaLouise is only a couple of weeks away from her surgery so with a couple of people going it will be really interesting to hear two views on the same service :)

Ok this may be a daft question, but how do you go about paying for a private operation. Do you pay monthly installments as you would with a bank loan or car loan - or do you have to have a % deposit upfront??? Can you get a bank loan for a bypass op?

If I can't get NHS funding I'd go private - from the way this government's going I think everything's either going to be pulled or privatised.

It is a £500 deposit and then the rest has to be paid a month before your operation.
If, however, your operation is within the same month that you are paying you have to pay for it all upfront with an extra £150 for late flight charges.

You can pay for it with bank transfer or pay pal (however there is a charge with paypal as paypal take a percent). They give you their bank details and my parents just deposited it in CB's account with a tag on of my name.

My parents got a bank loan out (£6490) for my operation and i think the bank was fine with it being for the surgery, the woman even said she wanted to see me before i go so she can see me before and after! We are with Natwest (and so are cosmetic bliss!!).

Hope this helps! xxxx

Back