• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello to everyone, I am my operation on Turesday

ipeps

I hopeing to get advice as I have been doing the milk diet for four weeks and I am having the sleeve done on the 30/12/14 (Tuesday). I am worried about the operation but also that I had three celebration sweets on christmas day. Now I don't know wether to cancel the opperation because of this. Also I snacked at the beginning of the deit, But I have not had any meals mostly just the milk and bovril drink during the day. When I went for my pre op I weighed 400lb I now weigh 368lb. I have not lost any weight in the last week and have not put any on. I am worried that my liver won't have shrunk enough for this opperation. So can you please adivse me

Thanks Sarah

Sorry about the spelling

Up date, I have been told by the dietitian that I am fine for the opperation tomorrow. Good news for me

Good luck hun. I weighed about as much as you at start of pre op, I'm 5 wks out from bypass and already down to 323lb.
Good luck hope all goes well xxx

Hello and thank you for your comments.

I had my Gastric Bypass on the Tuesday it was meant to be a sleeve but in the morning the surgeon told me that it could change to the bypass and had to wait and see. My daughter came with me and stayed at the hospital while I had the operation. The operation lasted a lot longer than was told as they fixed my hernia at the same time I think I was under for 5 hours. I woke up with them telling me everything was good and what they had done to me, I did not take it in at first as I was so sleepy after the opp. To day is Saturday and feeling better. Stomach is soar and bruised, its a lot better than I thought it would be, I had a lot of pain in my arm and legs which I did not expect. The staples don't hurt so that's also good. I had my first protein drink today as I was not feeling up to trying anything yet. Going to see the nurse on Monday to get the dressing changed.

Sarah

Sarah. I am glad you are on the other side now. Wishing you a speedy recovery and some great adventures on your journey xx

Lad your doing ok and joining the rest of us on the losers bench!
Take care of yourself in the meantime

Welcome to the losers bench :) glad all went ok heres to a fab new year and a fab new you x x x x plenty of rest and recover quickly x x

Welcome to the losers bench and a great site. All the best with your wls journey Sarah . Keep us all informed on your journey x

Keep in touch here and you will get all the support you need, welcome to the losers bench, it's great to be a looser for once lol

Back