• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help me

Angelika

Hi I'm seeing a dietician at weigh ahead where I was referred by my GP. I don't really understand how the process works .I know I'm going to be referred to tier 3 in April next year . I'm having some counselling with her due to my food addiction and my emotional eating ...What is the process please an someone tell me ???

Hiya and welcome.
In my local area the tier system is a 6 month progrAm, 1 X dietitian appointment per month, 1 X exercise appointment each month, 3 X cognitive therapy sessions usually first 3 months and then a group session where you get to try health food and see portion sizes. After all of this they make an informed decision if you are then ready to beput forward for tier 4 bariatric surgery which if you do everything they say and make it quite clear that's what you want and you feel it would be the better option it can happen. I've been through it started in January after many years of trying to get somewhere and the middle of last month I had surgery! Embrace this chance it's a fabulous program and the foundations to this final stage. You do need to attend every appointment or they will remove you from the program and you need to show commitment. I lost 16kg in the 6 months which they were very happy with they tend to set a goal of 5-10% of your start weight. I hope this helps a little, best of luck X

Hello I'm in Luton and just over half way through teir three I've been referred to teir three and have to do 12 month so far I've had bloods and see a dietitian every month just a chat and a weigh in done the milk diet for 4 weeks as I want surgery then in May I think she said I will be referred to teir 4 which is surgery I'm guessing some more hoops but fingers crossed

When you reach tier four its relatively quick. I was told funding was approved then had an appointment two weeks after that call to see the surgeon, two weeks after that had an appointment with nurse, dietitian and aneasatist then in three weeks later...all done

When you reach tier four its relatively quick. I was told funding was approved then had an appointment two weeks after that call to see the surgeon, two weeks after that had an appointment with nurse, dietitian and aneasatist then in three weeks later...all done
omg really I read horror stories of being approved and 6 months later no surgery so ever the pessimist lol I even cried and a thanked the doc for referring me cause I didn't think I was worth the chance of something so life changing

Snap! I also cried at every cognitive therapy session and two out of the six dietitian appointments. I was in total disbelief when told funding was approved, when I was asked why I was crying I simply said I thought I wasn't ever going to be given a chance to be happy

Snap! I also cried at every cognitive therapy session and two out of the six dietitian appointments. I was in total disbelief when told funding was approved, when I was asked why I was crying I simply said I thought I wasn't ever going to be given a chance to be happy

Hi there how much weight has people lost on tier 3 my last weigh in is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous I've only lost 13lb since June

Hi there was wondering how much weight people lost on tier 3 got my last weigh in tomorrow so far I've only lost 13lb and getting a little nervous that that's not enough weight to loss

I've just done 10 months with a dietician and 8 weeks of that was about portions labelling and choices along with 45 mins exercise...The groups all sound different...I thought tier 3 was just before surgery

I've just done 10 months with a dietician and 8 weeks of that was about portions labelling and choices along with 45 mins exercise...The groups all sound different...I thought tier 3 was just before surgery ?

No that's tier 4 I think all areas are different lost another 5lb this month so that's 18lb in totally only time will tell now got 6-8 was to wait

They usually say 5-10% of initial weight to loose however if you've been consistent and done what they've asked that's usually enough. Each area different

They usually say 5-10% of initial weight to loose however if you've been consistent and done what they've asked that's usually enough. Each area different

Just got my discharge letter from tier 3 and I've been considered for surgery back to the doctors I go can anyone tell me wot happens from here ? X

Oh noooooooo!!!!! I can only go on my area which is Sunderland but here that means that you've been passed back to your GP for them to help you lose weight rather than surgery may mean that you need to get your GP to refer you all over again :( X
Fingers crossed this isn't the case in your area though coz of course it's different everywhere I've got everything crossed for you X

Right, go back and see the dr that refurred you and take your letter with you and ask to be refurred for surgery. Ask when the referral will be sent and where they are referring you, time scales ect......keep all information together and within a month chase up if you have not had an appointment through.

Right, go back and see the dr that refurred you and take your letter with you and ask to be refurred for surgery. Ask when the referral will be sent and where they are referring you, time scales ect......keep all information together and within a month chase up if you have not had an appointment through.

Thanks guys I'm in Portsmouth x

Hi ask your gp to refer you to the Spire Southampton, it's where beepbeepcat and I were both referred to, it's much much faster than going through your local NHS hospital the wait will be weeks rather than months xxx

Hi ask your gp to refer you to the Spire Southampton, it's where beepbeepcat and I were both referred to, it's much much faster than going through your local NHS hospital the wait will be weeks rather than months xxx
Thank u can't wait until Friday I'm a little nervous though I've put weight back on since I got discharged in early Dec for the tier 3 will the doctor weigh me in Friday I know his got to do my blood pressure again x

I put on 5kg between end of tier three and seeing the dr and hospital

Back