• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help me

If we could lose weight and keep losing it none of us would need surgery in the first place, please don't fret you're doing just fine good luck Friday let us know how it goes xxx

If we could lose weight and keep losing it none of us would need surgery in the first place, please don't fret you're doing just fine good luck Friday let us know how it goes xxx

Feeling a little disheartened been to doctors and just by the way he was talking to me it was like he didn't want to refer me !!!! Anyway he said that he would get his secretary to do the letter and to Southampton where I said I wanted to go. So just a waiting game now really to see if he has or not ?

Try not to worry if he said he'll do it then take him at his word, give it 3 weeks if you haven't heard anything call the Secretary to make sure the referral was sent xxx

Try not to worry if he said he'll do it then take him at his word, give it 3 weeks if you haven't heard anything call the Secretary to make sure the referral was sent xxx

Well be nearly 4 wks since I saw my doctor have spoken to them and they sent the referral letter to Southampton,just called them and they have said Dr Kelly has got my letter and his Secretary will be in contact.
Does anyone know roughly how much longer I have got to wait ?
All this waiting Is killing me.

Ok in my experience after you've got the surgeon and nurse appointment and seen mr Kelly and the nurses you have another appointment about 3-4 weeks after(pre operation assessment) then you wait about 4 working days for a call from secretary with a date (which is normally 2-4 weeks max) and you start the pre operation diet.

Ok in my experience after you've got the surgeon and nurse appointment and seen mr Kelly and the nurses you have another appointment about 3-4 weeks after(pre operation assessment) then you wait about 4 working days for a call from secretary with a date (which is normally 2-4 weeks max) and you start the pre operation diet.

Finally I have an appointment 21st April to see nurse and Dr Kelly now getting myself really worried they are gonna turn me down as I've put on a stone in weight since end of tier 3 (beginning of dec)

Well good news you have got your appointment !
Don't worry about your weight , you have a little while to shift some of it ? I don't think it will affect the outcome anyway , after all this is what the surgery is for ..
It will all be ok ..
Mindy
Xxx

Well good news you have got your appointment !
Don't worry about your weight , you have a little while to shift some of it ? I don't think it will affect the outcome anyway , after all this is what the surgery is for ..
It will all be ok ..
Mindy
Xxx

Thank you. How's it all going with u ? X

Yeah I'm really good thank you ..
Doing really well ..
It will soon be your time
What op are you having ?

Mine was different as I fast tracked and paid because I couldn't get anywhere on the NHS and my knees are so painful I was fast becoming disabled ..
I just got a date with the surgeon , Dr Byrne , at spire Southampton , 3 weeks before the date they had me pencilled in for . He was lovely , very understanding . Talked me through all the options and weighed me . Said it wasn't about the weight now , but more about the liver . He couldn't understand why I didn't get NHS funding but it doesn't matter now ..
He spoke to my hubby direct and asked him if he was ok about me having this op ..
Then I had another appointment a week before the op for blood tests , swabs and a heart trace .. Forms to fill in . That was that really ..
I would have thought if you have the funding in place , it will be the same way ..

I would suggest you start to get your head in the right place .. As soon as I had made the call to book , I knew that was it . No looking back , no regrets , this is about you now .
Shoulders back , eyes front lol ! And take ownership of it ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Mine was different as I fast tracked and paid because I couldn't get anywhere on the NHS and my knees are so painful I was fast becoming disabled ..
I just got a date with the surgeon , Dr Byrne , at spire Southampton , 3 weeks before the date they had me pencilled in for . He was lovely , very understanding . Talked me through all the options and weighed me . Said it wasn't about the weight now , but more about the liver . He couldn't understand why I didn't get NHS funding but it doesn't matter now ..
He spoke to my hubby direct and asked him if he was ok about me having this op ..
Then I had another appointment a week before the op for blood tests , swabs and a heart trace .. Forms to fill in . That was that really ..
I would have thought if you have the funding in place , it will be the same way ..

I would suggest you start to get your head in the right place .. As soon as I had made the call to book , I knew that was it . No looking back , no regrets , this is about you now .
Shoulders back , eyes front lol ! And take ownership of it ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Well I met Dr Kelly today at Southampton spire he was a lovely man I was set on having the sleeve done and after talking to him he said I had made a good choice and he would be happy to perform it. He said surgery is usually within 2 months. OMG it's starting to feel real ?

I'm so pleased for you Stacy !

This time is going to fly by ..
As soon as I had my very first call with my weight loss company , I got it in my head that that my old life was over . I came to terms with my fat self and threw that old life away along with the contents of the freezer lol .. I literally cleaned it out , threw out all the stuff I would no longer eat , and the same with the cupboards . Filled the fridge with low fat and high protein and told hubby if he wanted goodies then he was to eat them away from me ..
It felt like I had this huge weight lifted off me and I became very relaxed ..

Use this time to get yourself fighting fit for surgery .
My mantra on this is , this is all about you now , not anyone else , concentrate on your needs and be selfish . Don't let anyone rain on your parade ..
Mindy
Xxxx

I'm so pleased for you Stacy !

This time is going to fly by ..
As soon as I had my very first call with my weight loss company , I got it in my head that that my old life was over . I came to terms with my fat self and threw that old life away along with the contents of the freezer lol .. I literally cleaned it out , threw out all the stuff I would no longer eat , and the same with the cupboards . Filled the fridge with low fat and high protein and told hubby if he wanted goodies then he was to eat them away from me ..
It felt like I had this huge weight lifted off me and I became very relaxed ..

Use this time to get yourself fighting fit for surgery .
My mantra on this is , this is all about you now , not anyone else , concentrate on your needs and be selfish . Don't let anyone rain on your parade ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Ah thank you mindy gonna have a fat weekend and use all the cap that I've got in my fridge/cupboards and then do a lovely healthy shop on Monday.
I'm so ready for this ? xx

Morning Stacey
You've done so well . Is it worth a weekend of eating the old food .. Throw it out .
I know it's a waste , but there is nothing in that food that will do you good . It will do you harm .
You've cleaned your body of carbs . dont feed that addiction again . It's going to be be lurking inside you forever , so don't help it to raise its head..
It's not worth it
Mindy
Xxxx

Or..stuff it all in, in a mega binge, feel like crap and realise why you are doing this! God i use to feel like pap time after time..always thought why the hell do you do that!! I still get the voices in my head telling me to eat rubbish..thank god ive no stomach left to put it in!
Whatever you decide to do..just get the right head on for the start of your journey...good luck x

Back