• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help so ill

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi i am in my second week of my pre-op diet not sure i can go on .i have had to leave work so ill getting so cold .going dizzie. so week and a headache that is bouncing of the walls .and making me sick . no energy just want to sleep all day :cry:please tell me if this is normal and is anyone else going through this

It sounds like you arn't getting enough fluids.

The pre-op diets can take a lot out of you, but to make sure they do your op, it's really worth sticking to.

As well as what's been recommended by your team to eat/drink, try and increase the amount your drinking in a day.

Give your team a call just to check that everything is ok.

Good luck

I felt like this after about 4 weeks of pre op diet(800 cal) but there was a bug about at kids school so put it down to that as soon pulled through, as has been said check with your team as it is close to op date and you need to feel on top form for that x

hi DAWN36 my food intake is one pint of jelly 1 pear 1 apple and 1 chicken breast with 2 green veg

hi DAWN36 my food intake is one pint of jelly 1 pear 1 apple and 1 chicken breast with 2 green veg

That is nothing like 800 Kcals, in fact it's about 450. You should really be on more than that or you will be making yourself ill. Is this what your team has asked you to do?

Sounds like you aren't getting enough calories, fluids and salts and ther essential vitamins and minerals.

Try a good quality multi-vitamin tablet and I would check with your team that you are following the diet correctly because it does seem very low.

If you are diabetic there is no complex carbohydrates - have you changed any treatment to allow for this.

Hope you will fell better soon - but on the positive side it will soon be your op

Angela

Last edited:
No wonder you feel ill you are hardly having anything. Do you take any vitamin tablets? I have to take one multi vitamin every day. Make sure you are at least drinking fizzy drinks help to make you feel full. Hope you are feeling better soon.

hi john

That is nothing like 800 Kcals, in fact it's about 450. You should really be on more than that or you will be making yourself ill. Is this what your team has asked you to do?
yes have spoken to my team this is all i am allowed she said it is normal to fell like this but not the sick bit think that was cos i had a headache (.but on the good side if there is one )i have no headache now so will crayon on thank for your help carol

hi i am in my second week of my pre-op diet not sure i can go on .i have had to leave work so ill getting so cold .going dizzie. so week and a headache that is bouncing of the walls .and making me sick . no energy just want to sleep all day :cry:please tell me if this is normal and is anyone else going through this

That is just how I feel at the beginning of a VLCD(450 cals) such as Lipotrim/cambridge
The headache goes after day 4/5 but the :gen125: cold & shivers didn't ever go:winter_brr:
Did they tell you to drink lots more fluids?
Have you weighed yourself?
I can drop a stone in the first 7 days which is glycogen from the liver-which is all it usually takes to reduce the liver size
Poor you if you have to do it for another week

I'm pleased to hear you've spoken to your team and they are aware of how you feel. Good luck with the rest of the pre-op. xx

Back