• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal to feel so ill?

amg

Just after some words of wisdom. Im 4 days post op and feel soooo ill. Feel very weak and faint, Along with terrible pain in l side of tummy, Im struggling to get my daily intake as it really hurts when i drink. But i know how important it is so trying really hard. Its the feeling faint and dizzy that worries me. Has anyone else felt like this? please tell me it wil all b back to normal soon!!! thanks am xx
:cry::cry:

Aw honey, sorry you feel so bad :wave_cry: I did have very bad pain in my left hand side wound but it did respond to painkillers. I was also very nauseous for 2 weeks until & was taken off soluble metformin & fast tabs. This is not to say what you are experiencing is the same so if I were you I would ring the bariatric nurse & get her advise. Don't wait 2 weeks like I did when it could have been sorted much earlier. It's what they are there for, lovely... hope you soon fell better xxx :)

I have to say i lost the wind pain around 10 days post op but i am sure it can probably last longer. Are you moving around? Not aerobics but little walks around the house and maybe a bit of fresh air outside. Also with regards to fluid intake. You aren't going to drink 2 litres of fluids so early on. The aim is to just drink as much as you can. Cold drinks can be painful so if you have squash try it at room temperature or even a bit of hot ribena light?

Ring your bariatric support team and tell them how you are feeling, see if there is anything you can take for your discomfort...

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi,
I am 6 days post op bypass & gall bladder removal,& came home last thursday evening , I seem to be having similar problems but due to the severity of what we have just had done this is to be expected.
I also couldn't stand the smell of anything perfumed for the first three days without wanting to vomit.
I have found it best to carry on as normal but in a slightly gentler fashion so , first day out grocery shopping on Friday was cautious , Saterday at Wetherspoons for a lat'e was a treat, Sunday christmas shopping a little weary but by today no wind pains only slight discomfort from what feels like an air bubble just above new tummy when drinking,.
Take it slowly , you have had your internal plumbing re-structured.
As Mr Shroeder said to me .... this is a time to heal, you have wounds that you cannot see and will take a while to re-couperate.
chin up - it will get better through time.

Hi.

I am almost 3 weeks post op now and only now are pains and discomfort settling down but that is just me everyone is different. Like said above just sip water I am just taking in between 1-1.5lt of fluids a day before I could not. It is a long process to recover but take it easy and slow and sip water occasionally and frequently just to help keep your fluids up. Pains will subside over time as it all settles down as you just had major surgery.

You are all amazing.. I have it all to come... read the achievement stories and I am sure it will spur you on. xxxxxx

I was also really poorly after my op and in tremendous pain. I was pacing up and down and in a real mess for several weeks but it was worth it.
Persevere, after all, what is a month of tolerable pain compared to either all the years of abject misery of obesity or the joy of being fitter and feeling more a part of 'normal' society.
Hang in there !!
Lynne x

Back