• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help so worried!

Vespa

Hey all,

So woke up today and cannot get anything down. And I mean nothing, just spend the last 5 mins bringing up water. Not sure why or how but I'm really scared!! What shall I do? xxx

Hiya hun there is alot of sick bugs going around our area, I would phone out of hours gp just to put ur mind at rest xx

Are you feeling ill (ie stomach/sick etc) or are you just struggling to get things down? If its the latter, I would start by talking to your provider to speak to them about it first, but if its more like a stomach/sick bug reason, maybe your GP.

Not sure I just have to be sick every time I eat, feeling ok I think just dehydrated. So hope it's not band slippage :(

Do you have any pain? Other than the being sick - band slippage causes considerable pain so if its a case of being sick, slippage is unlikely.

Maybe worth leaving it for a while to allow band to settle and then going back through a process of liquids - still worth a call to your provider tho. Have you had a fill recently? Or have you eaten anything that could potentially have gotten stuck?

Well yes I had some gammon last night and problems getting it down so I left it. Maybe that's stuck?

I had stomach pain on Monday for about a minute but it was aweful, have eaten normally after then, though.

xxx

maybe just try n do a day of liquids give ur stomach chance to heal hope it all settles soon xx

If you can't keep water down ring NHS direct, they can usually arrange an out of our doctor to assess you within several hours or your teams emergency number. It's ok not to be able to keep food down for a bit but not water. You can dehydrate very quickly. Don't wait when it comes to that. If it continues and you can keep water down go to A&E. If there is a problem they can stick you an drip whilst they find out what's going on. Fingers crossed it's just a bug but you have to safe when it's comes to this sort of thing but I hope you are feeling better. If you can keep fluid down now, it might be worth getting some dioralyte to help keep you hydrated until you can drink and eat more xx

Hi all,

Called NHS direct who didn't know much about bands so out of hours GP called me and said it sounds like my band has slipped ??.

They've asked me to come in on an urgent appointment so I can have an x-ray and be referred to the surgeons if necessary.

Praying it's just something stuck and I'll just need a de-fill. If it is slippage... Bye bye band :(:(:(:(.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me guys I'm so upset and worried.

I'll let you know how I get on xxx

awww fingers crossed for you hun hopefully they are just being over cautious. xxx thinking of you hun xxxx

keeping everything crossed for you hun, let us know when you can xx

Hope everything gets sorted, although it doesn't necessarily mean its bye bye band if its slipped . . .fingers crossed!

Hey guys, crisis averted... Phew!

Band is in good place, may have been food stuck but port has flipped so 4 painful injections to try and get the fluid out :(. But all is well now thanks everyone for your concern and help, y'all do sweet hehe xxx

Good good good so glad your feeling better xx

glad you're ok xxx take care and keep chewing well especially the Gammon :)

Glad you ok now.

So what will they do about the flipped port? do they just work with it and still manage fills - de-fills x x

Back