• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please please help !!!!

helen144

Hi all

Im dut to have my gastric bypass on monday aaahhhhhhhh sooooooo excited but sooooooo scared!!!!!

BUT

this is so hard to tell people but i need some help !!!

I have really struggled on the pro op diet and keep cheating and eating , then i feel really guilty

I know the risks , i know i shouldnt but i cant help it i really have tried and tried i managed 4 days solid on the milk diet with no cheating at all them had 4 days cheating then now i seem to be doing well until the evening then i blow it big time , its like a demon , this is why i so need this operation I have huge issues with food as most of us do and i am sure i will be the only person not to lose weight after a bypass, maybe im thinking i dont deserve this !!

Im so sad and im so sorry to those who maybe cross and upset with me for cheating when i have been given this huge oppurtunity

I am also trying to stop smoking as i have been told i have to stop and im sure at Salford Royal they do a carbon monoxide test to see whether u have stopped all this is proving too much and i am so frightned they are going to cancel my operation !!!!!

Im so sorry !!!

Helen xxxxx:cry::cry::cry:

Helen, calm down.

Today's friday, the op is on Monday. You have got time to pull all this back. Draw a line under it all and just stick to things for the rest of the time.

In all honesty, if you don't, then you are risking being put under for nothing. Use that as your motivation, imagine what it would be like coming round from the anaesthetic and being told they couldn't do the op cos your liver was too fatty. You'd still have all the incisions and wind pain, still need time to recover, but for nothing. Is whatever food is tempting you really worth that?

You want this. You want to be the slim, confident, happy person who i KNOW is just waiting inside you. It is in your hands, you can grab it and make it yours or you can p*ss it away and spend the rest of your life regretting it.

You can do this.

Helen, great advice from Shel there hun. And if you need focus, then come back here and look at Shels' photos. Shel has recently bought and got into a size 8 jean. Now equate that with the lady sat in the mobility scooter on the left. You can't, can you? But we all know it is the same lady as in the picture on the right.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Helen, calm down.

In all honesty, if you don't, then you are risking being put under for nothing. Use that as your motivation, imagine what it would be like coming round from the anaesthetic and being told they couldn't do the op cos your liver was too fatty. You'd still have all the incisions and wind pain, still need time to recover, but for nothing. Is whatever food is tempting you really worth that?

You want this. You want to be the slim, confident, happy person who i KNOW is just waiting inside you. It is in your hands, you can grab it and make it yours or you can p*ss it away and spend the rest of your life regretting it.

You can do this.

You can do this - it will be worth it. Look at Shell's before/after pics - You can do this!! x x

Helen there is time as Shel said and if you need to in the evening if I'm about come and chat on fb or in the chat room here keep yourself busy and it is hard and to come on here and admit how hard it is and that you have cheated is a massive thing and a brave move when you are already feeling low about what you are doing. Stick to it and well done on the smoking thing. Talk to you soon x

Helen...you can do it girl, I've got everything crossed for you :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Thankyou all so much i must have done something right as i have lost nine pounds but i just feel such a failure :( it seems no matter what i try to do to lose weight i fail and im beginning to think there is no hope , but as u all said all is not lost i have been good todays and i have the weekend yet and i am going to try to be very very good because i need this more than anything ever because i want to live !!!

Thankyou all so much i must have done something right as i have lost nine pounds but i just feel such a failure :( it seems no matter what i try to do to lose weight i fail and im beginning to think there is no hope , but as u all said all is not lost i have been good todays and i have the weekend yet and i am going to try to be very very good because i need this more than anything ever because i want to live !!!

believe me i understand the feeling your going to fail its all part and parcel of the eating problems we have its an addiction babe. im a bander have lost nearly 6 stone and am still convinced im failing i could have lost more i dont think some of these feelings will ever go, but since surgery i feel so much healthier and i know you will too. its just about distracting yourself for the next few days drink loads fizzy water great for filling you up as is sugar free jelly if your on milk diet, just think be strong for a few days then alot of the guilt your associating with your eating will be a thing of the past x good luck

Helen, we've all been there and even if we did'nt cheat I'm sure the temptation was there. Its so hard to give up smoking at the same time too because you're fighting two demons.Stick with it over the weekend sweetheart and you'll be fine.
Good luck xxGaynorxx

Oh Helan Helan Helan come on you know how much you want and need this. You now need to embrace the milk diet like its your best friend in difficulties and not let go.
Call it your udder best friend and when things are getting tough jump on here and shout chat room im sure there will be people around who will join you there to get you through your craving.
What would yo be saying if it was one of your patients asking for help.
This is going to work for you and in 6 months time when your a 100lbs down you will be wondering what all the fuss was for. believe in yourself your worth more than this.
take care
carole

All the best advice has already been given...just wanted to say.....You will do it!!!...and we'll all be waiting to hear how you got on sometime next week when YOU WILL BE ON THE LOSING SIDE!

All the best hun.

~hugs~

All my peeps have done told you the big truth but I will repeat it, YOU CAN DO THIS! You have the will & drive to make this happen for yourself so slap yourself and move onward & downward. You are deserving hun, we all can see that you just have to recognize that and make that final leap. Quitting smoking & dieting is a lethal combo and can test even the best intentions but I have faith you can take control.

You are on the right path, just keep your head down and keep moving. Look on the internet for all the pretty things you can wear in a few months, write a list of things you want to do once you half lost a quarter of your excess weight, half your excess weight, 3/4 your excess weight, etc. The thin you just needs permission to come out and the surgery will help you do that.

Hugs & lots and lots of best wishes,
Nic:)

YOU CAN DO THIS ! pre op diet is a short term thing, you need to commit as once u had surgery its a life time of commitment to get results, think positive, be strong and you will be ok x

Very good luck for Monday Helen, it will be here before you know it!

Suck on an ice cube everytime you want to go into self destruct mode, play some online games, go online window shopping for all the clothes you want to treat yourself to when you become a fully fledged loser, take a browse through the inspirational photos and SLEEP lol.

You have about 50 hours left to go.............YOU CAN DO IT....YES YOU CAN!:banana dancer:

Oops I forgot to say, nightmare time to be giving up smoking, how well is that going and are you using anything to help at all? I used champix the wonder drug lol it worked for me. If you are quiting under your own steam have you tried the inhilator, my friend swore by it when she gave up smoking, she even used it without a nicotine cartridge in it when she was in the labour ward having a baby.

Maybe you could puff on one of those to try help get through this difficult time http://www.ciao.co.uk/Nicorette_Inhalor_Nicotine_Cartridges__5095533

Last edited:
hi helen we all must feel the same about the preop diet because thats why we are all here because weve not been able to lose the weight by dieting ,its wat im afraid of to but this surgery is the most important thing ,the only thing that can help so i have to do my best and you said youve lost 9pounds so i think youve done really well. i met you at hope wen we went to see mr amorie, it was you and clara that told me about this site and im so pleased that you are having the op on monday and i wish you all the best . i saw the phsycologist yesterday , shes loverly isnt she , she gave me the go ahead so i hope i will be joining you very soon good luck for monday

Hi, I was worried as I didn't stick 100% to the diet ( about 95%!! ) , it is difficult but a small price to pay in the long run, the surgeon said my liver was great!!!!!
I was terrified about the op and the after pain but it was no where as bad as expected and 2 weeks on I feel better than I did before!!!
Good luck for Monday Pauline

Oh Helen, Ive only just seen this hun.

Youve had loads of amazing advice so I wont repeat what has already been said. Just remember that almost everyone says that the pre op diet is the hardest bit, and you have nearly finished it... Only 2 more days of being strong and then you are there. Keep yourself busy. Pack your hospital bag, do your measurements, take your before photos, drink loads, look at the before/after pics on here, long baths and sleep.... anything to take your mind of food.

I would say the smoking is the most important bit, and easy for me to say as a non smoker, but it is so very important that you do your best not to have a cigarette. Get down the pharmacy this morning and see what they have that will help you with that.

Good luck for Monday. Will be thinking of you. Do you have someones number to let us know how it went? xx

Back