• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help!!!

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
I need some help guys :cry:. I had my balloon in november and up till now i was doing really well....25lbs off looking forward to getting my 2 stone. Now Ive suddenly went mad...eating all the wrong things, takeaways etc etc. Yes I know its wrong and im admitting to somethimes making myself sick afterwards as I feel physically rotten...what do I do???

Why am i sabotaging this? I have 3 months to try and reach my target of 4 stone off...so another 2 to go I scared of failing and everyone being dissapointed in me....Ive spent 5 grand on this and for what???

The support team is not what i thought it was going to be .... i thot that i would have telephone counselling to help me with my food demons but all i get it a stupid workbook!!

Please guys can anyone out there identify with me and help me???:cry::cry::cry:

teen

post op loser
hang in there Sparkle someone will be along with something for you I can not answer sorry as I am only 4 weeks post op

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Hi Sparkles...

No one ever said this was going to be easy and like all addictions sometimes we fall off the wagon...you have realised you are going wrong and that is a good first step. Secondly your weightloss is brilliant and thirdly you have sort of answered your own question....

Why am i sabotaging this? I have 3 months to try and reach my target of 4 stone off...so another 2 to go I scared of failing and everyone being dissapointed in me....Ive spent 5 grand on this and for what???

You are scared to fail, yet you have not failed, you have just hiccupped.

Tomorrow is another day...Re-start then and realise you spent a lot on your self, this was an investment in you and you have hit a low but now it will go back up.

Come on here if you feel the demons nagging in your ear...one of us will be here to remind you of what you need to do;)

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Listen dont give up, You have come a very long way and your body is still healing and you have gone through loads to get this far.
Tommorrow is a new day, Why don't you try going back on puree foods for a week or so and you will see you can still do it. I really feel for you and wish i could help more. I wish i could give your more advice but sending BIG Hugs your way. If you need to talk you can always pm me x

tesmaralda

hi sparkles caz is right tomorrow is another day and you can get straight back on that horse and get to your goal. Don't dwell on the fact that you've had a bad day, can't you give your team a ring an dsee if there is anyone about who can offer you some moral support over the phone. Heres to a better day tomorrow xXx

phatgirl

We all have our moments of doubt when we think we have ruined our chances but it will pass and you will be back on your way to being a weight loss star. You really have made the most of your opportunity to lose so give your self a break & start fresh with renewed strength. YOU CAN DO IT, WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

And also, if you feel that you are not getting the help you need and you paid for it I would give them heck if I were you. Makes some calls and demand some help. You deserve to get your money's worth and your team should help you get it!!

Chin up girl - YOU ROCK!
Nic;);):D:D:):):p:p

wobbles

I'm really sorry you're struggling at the moment Sparkles, i don't have any advice right now, but i hope you find your way soon.

donnax658

Whatever happens don't give up. Yes you are struggling right now but it certaintly doesn't mean you have failed.
Fight the demons hun and believe in yourself. Sorry to hear the support hasn't been what you expected but you still have everyone here. Start afresh tomorrow and remember how well you have done up til now. you CAN do this xx

thisisit

Hi Sparkles, as i said in p.m give me a call.
I hate the place you are in been there hundreds of times and felt so alone and desperate.
Dont forget we have an addiction, common sense and reason dont come into in.
Along the food (physical) we have to work on the mental emotional which is breaking habits,not using food to bury anger,guilt,shame,feelings of whys etc .....not an easy tasks but you are asking us for help, and ask the Centre for more help thats there job and role.

Hope today is a bit easier as they say "Step Away From The Food"
Lighter Life do a great bi monthly book on foodie issues, ring any help line when you are going into food,once in it its so much harder.

Lots of love from a Complusive eater with brakes on and in a low gear( just for today) Ava

Loll

Frosty is right everyone falls off the wagon on ocassions. I try not to have take-aways for anyone in the house but tonight my husband bought chicken and chips for everyone I had a leg no skin ate only half the chilcken with about 4 chips. Even though you had a takeaway I bet you never ate as much as you used to. Before my op I would have had four large pieces of chicken and eaten all the chips then looked to see if anyone had anything left bet you never ate as much as you did before your op. We all have to live a normal as possible life and that's going to include takeaway and eating out. If you like indian food cook it yourself and use a low fat option, you can make your own kebabs chinese-much healthier than the shop. I have a bread deamon and even after my bypass I can still eat it-all bread products thought the bypass would be a quick cure to the bread addiction but no. I try and have it only once a week but I don't deprive myself-my new buzz word is moderation if the family have a kebab I have half a pitta bread with lots of salad eat slowly-I never finish it but I don't feel I have missed out. We all fear failure how many times have we all been there before but you haven't failed it's called being human tomorrow will be a better day be positive. Try to look at it as a change of eating habits I never say I am on a diet because I'm not otherwise I would be on a diet for the rest of my life which would be a nightmare. I found at the 3 month stage, which I think is where our bodies have healed, I could eat bits all day that made me very scared so I stopped went back to three proper meals a day which put me back on track and kicked my metabolism back into gear.

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
thank you for all the lovely replies, i am still struggline big style. I think the problem is work, i dont get a chouce really of what to eat so i eat whats available from the dinner trolley and its a nightmare.
Im now off work for 10 days before starting a new job so going to use this time to get back on track.

mandy130

Sparkles,

Am glad your feeling more positive and that you have some time to yourself to work on this issue, we all have weak moments following any procedure for weightloss....we are human at the end of the day, but like someone already said, you have made the first step towards changing this by admitting to yourself that you are having a problem, so get back on the horse, and start galloping girl you can do it!!!

Mandy x

Loll

If the problem is the food trolly at work don't eat from it. Take in your own breakfast and lunch. I make mine every day but I keep fruit and a packet of rich tea fingers so while everyone else are eating donuts and Marks and Spencers double chocolate biscuits I have two rich tea fingers-don't feel I am missing out-only on the calories and fat.

hopelesscase

sparkles i have a book called weight loss surgery for dummies i use it like a bible (not that i ever use a bible apart from when i was it school) its one that you can dip in and out of and it really helps when im having a difficult time just to pick it up and read a few tips and hey presto im distracted and back on track.
may be worth a try to help you address yr food demons and help you longer term.
take care
hc