• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

branmelis773

My surgery date is getting closer and closer (January 24th) and I cant stop eating!!!! So my anxiety level is growing.
Please Dont think bad of me or of my dedication. I just deal with emotions by eating and the more I try to resist the more Im eating!!!
I am afraid the dr wont do my surgery if I have gained!!!!!!
How much did you all loose on your pre op diet. Maybe I should start that tomorrow and that way I atleast can say I tried. Im not suppose to start it till the 14th. But I dont want anything to stand in my way...even myself. I tend to do this to myself any time Im close to getting something I want. I sabatage(spelling ?) myself...every time!
I am SO ready for a CHANGE
My new years resolution is to live a healthier life style. NOT just changing my eating habbits and excerise but every aspect of my life. From my relationship to other people to my relationship with MYSELF!
Please any advise to get my head in the right spot would be appricated.
I feel....ashamed...sad......angery....and out of control!!!!!!

My op is scheduled a few days after you and I'm recording everything (warts and all) on our weigh in thread for this coming Saturday 8th January... I find recording meals, keeping comparisons, a 'bit of firm handling' from my friends on here keeps me going and you are very welcome to join me if it would help you in any way...

It's a life changing opportunity and we have to really do all that we can to help our surgeons and ourselves pre op... so start straight away and read through everything again and get going... you'll feel better after a few days and you can do it! After all, you've got this far!

Love and hugs.... Bev xxx

Hello and welcome.. What you are doing is perfectly normal. You are having one last intimate rendezvous with what is probably the biggest love of your life.....

What you need to do is this:

1. Need to realise that wls does not mean never eating or enjoying nice food again, far from it, your taste buds will have a field day once you are back to eating 'normally'.

2. Not buy crap and the like in, if it's not in the house then it's not likely to be in your mouth.

3. Find something to distract you at danger times, if you struggle in the evenings see if you can't meet up with friends/family and chat. If your like me no way your stuffing your face in company :)

4. Do as Bev says, if you don't want to keep a food diary then keep an emotional diary. Record all the highs and lows of your day, record how things made you feel, what you wanted to do as a reaction to those feelings and what coping mechanism you used...

Hth xx

It is so hard, isnt it...just try and stay focused love because you dont have long to go now.

I have been the same as you but i just thought to myself its a new year....new start and iv done well so far...im on day 4.
Just think of the new you and the rest of your life... its one of the hardest things for us to do but you will get there...you can do it. Huggs xxxx

Thank you all for your support and advice. I am my own worst enemy!
Bev...what is the weigh in? Is it a thread on here? Is it every Saturday? I am willing to do whatever it takes. Blood, sweat, and tears....lots and lots of tears! lol

Hi there
I would write some things down - like why you want the op, the pros and cons of having it versus not having it etc. This will keep you busy, give you something positive to think about and get your head back in the right place. I think when you read this back it will help you to think more about what you are doing with food. Sabotaging this is very serious because you have your chance and if it is postponed you can be asked to wait a long time. Read some of the forums on here and see how people feel when their op is cancelled. It may help to refocus you.
Other than that you can only do your best and if you mess up remember tomorrow is another day and start again.
Everyone on here will give you so much support and being strong will be really worth it
good luck to you
Jo XX

Hi :D Dont give up hope we all have times where we self sabotage but you have time yet to reign yourself back in ;) You have had some good advice already and all I can add is that every time you feel like eating just imagine your surgeon saying "Im sorry we have to cancel your op and you have gained to much weight" You would be devastated, this is your chance of a new life so dig a little deeper, you can do it :D XX

Thanks again, you guys are great! I went to a support meeting this evening with all your gr8 advice and the support there I am feeling better.
I've decided that tomorrow I'm starting my pre op diet, a week earlie but atleast I will feel like I'm doing something, going in the right direction. No more waiting for my journey to start, I'm kick starting it!!! lol ;)

Good Luck with your pre-op diet - so pleased that you are going to regain your focus as to why your doing this.

You may find when you have been doing the pre-op diet that you have some negative thoughts; as sometimes at this stage you feel its difficult to stay positive - but stick with it; this period will pass, any hunger you may feel is probably more to do with head hunger than your stomach.

Drink plenty of water 2 - 3 litres daily. It helps keep the hunger at bay; and will do a great job of shrinking your liver ready for surgery. If your not keen on water, then try some sugar-free juice!

Good Luck and keep going!

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Back