• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PMT

maz71 v

Any advice on how to cope with PMT cravings with band!!!!!

Would normally eat own huge body weight.... Obviously not an option now lol!!!

What do you find that you crave? Amounts? Sweet? Savoury?

Lots of anything!!!
Sweet really. X

Just keep finding self standing by open fridge.... That's former me.... Not new me.

Struggling to learn the best things to eat for meals :(

Hormones running riot!! Lol

My sweet cravings I meet by having options hot chocolate. At 44cals a mug, I tend to have the white chocolate one because its creamy and chocolatey and I find that helps. Also cos its warm and filling it helps take off any immediate hunger. I also find the orange and mint ones are good too, but white choc does hit the spot.

Another thing is a mug of hot ribena or blackcurrant with a sweetener, again, the sweetness from it can take the edge off raiding the fridge.

I do allow myself a biscuit or piece of chocolate each day, i figure it into my calorie and protein/carb allowance.

There are times I do go over, as I dont have restriction yet, its very easy to do, but if I find that I am craving something I try to find things I can have within my allowances.

I also keep to hand sugar free polos, because the mint taste puts me off eating anything else, and it takes the edge off with the sweetness. Same as chewing gum of which I also have a strawberry flavour always to hand.

Sugar free jelly - always good to have, and if you want something with a bit of cream with it, reduced fat squirty cream or even reduced fat evaporated milk helps with both :)

While this may be the wrong answer, I am being honest.

I tend to have a bit of what I fancy ... Purely because knowing me, if I didn't, I would try coping by finding every alternative to what I want; that not quite hit the spot; and then I would end up eating what I wanted in the first place. More calories than needed .... So I just enjoy what I fancy and count it in my overall allowance :rolleyes:

Had choc in the end. But felt soooooooooo guilty after :(
Have now stocked up on caramel snack a jacks and chic options!!!

Bloody hormones. Xx

I'm feeling exactly the same atm and I have decided to have some chocolate but only a small bar as opposed to the normal family sized bar I used to go for! Plus my band always feels really tight at this time of the month so I'm really not able to eat a lot anyway, so I'm still well within my daily calorie allowance x

I try to have 1300 a day, mfp says I should be eating more but have tried eating more and less but I dont seem to lose then. 1300 seems to be just right for me. God I'm in agony today, no fair :(

Back