• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

portion size control

sunny69

Hi all, just wondering what size portion size's you can eat, was looking on youtube and some can only manage half a cup full 3 time a day ohhh that would be great, i have 3mls and yesterday for tea i had a salad lots of mixed lettuce cucumber , tomatoes and 3 slices of small lean ham, bloody lovely but i was still starving afterwoods and also if your pouch has been stretched by eating to much would it go back to normal afterwoods
xx

Hi Sunny

My portion size depennds on what im having to be honest, Im 3 years out and maintaining - but heres what I had yesterday:

Breakfast

20g of museli with two tablespoons of low fat greek yoghurt

Mid morning

Small banana

Lunch

Boiled egg, tablespoon of cottage cheese, pepper, cucumber and a handful of mixed leaves

Tea

Salmon fillet in sweet chilli sauce, handful of mixed leaves, tablespoon of cous cous, cucumber and a few cherry toms

Lots and lots of water.

My advice would be to pad your salad out with more toms, beetroot, peppers etc - so that you have to really chew through it. After eating the meat that should keep you fuller for longer x

Hi Im a 3 month post op sleever (so still figuring this out) and my appetite varies- sometimes im not hungry at all. In terms of meals and portions I do the Dr Oz- protein the size of my palm, a handful of carbs (that I never get thru) and quite a bit of veg. The rule is to eat your protein, then veg then carbs. Hope this helps.

Back