• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"Possible WLS Side Effects / Complications"

Undecided

Hi All

Is there anywhere where info can be posed regarding any potential side effects /complications of surgery for pre-oppers ?

I was thinking that purely for informational purposes it would be nice for people to get an idea of both sides of the story to make sure they were fully prepared for surgery.

Some people may not be as computer literate as others. Or some may just find articles that others have not.

Is there anyway that we could have a section which details some of the possible complications etc ? Just so that people can be fully informed.

I just feel a little concerned aswell that people may jump on the site and see all the great before and after pictures and not be fully informed if their surgeon doesn't mention any of the potential problems, and they don't realise that there ARE any ?

We can certainly look at putting something along this line in the new general surgery discussion area. I'm sure the mod team will have a look at it for you.

Thanks.

Just thought it might be helpful. Those who want to read everything they can get their hands on before surgery could take a look. Likewise, those who have had surgery can also take a look of any potential problems to watch out for (or - if they prefer), just not look at the section.

Just a thought anyway ...

Hi All

Is there anywhere where info can be posed regarding any potential side effects /complications of surgery for pre-oppers ?

I was thinking that purely for informational purposes it would be nice for people to get an idea of both sides of the story to make sure they were fully prepared for surgery.

Some people may not be as computer literate as others. Or some may just find articles that others have not.

Is there anyway that we could have a section which details some of the possible complications etc ? Just so that people can be fully informed.

I just feel a little concerned aswell that people may jump on the site and see all the great before and after pictures and not be fully informed if their surgeon doesn't mention any of the potential problems, and they don't realise that there ARE any ?

i think thats a brilliant idea xx I'm one of thoes computer illiterate people lol x so any help is a big help re sourcing information, i'm finding navigating a real problem on the www xxxxxxxxx

Oh Oh can we have some hunky men!!
sorry if you didn't mean this kind of new look :copon: :D

I'm with lamornamiss!!! how about a weight loss ticker of a fully clothed hunky man and as your weight goes down his clothes come off :angeldevil:!!! BUT.... when your weight goes up the hunk re-dresses :cry: lol xxxx I'm sure i'd watch my weight then (i joke) lol xxxxxx

I'm with lamornamiss!!! how about a weight loss ticker of a fully clothed hunky man and as your weight goes down his clothes come off :angeldevil:!!! BUT.... when your weight goes up the hunk re-dresses :cry: lol xxxx I'm sure i'd watch my weight then (i joke) lol xxxxxx

I likethis idea and maybe when you lose a certain amount say a stone they shed an extra item of clothing!:rolleyes::eek::D

Back