• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op anxiety

I am nearly 6 weeks post band op and I have had 3 fills so far. I am now up to 5 mls. Whilst I know it takes time to reach the sweet spot, so far each time I have had a fill I have hardly noticed any difference. I then start to feel anxious that this might never work for me which leads to negative thinking and then over eating. I then feel terrible that I am making things worse, I hate feeling like this. Did anyone else go through this turmoil at the beginning?

Hi Princess Peaches.

I went through what you are currently experiencing for nearly 12 months as the surgeon had used a new type of band that needed a certain amount of fill after fitting which he excluded to do.

Believe me you will know when the band starts to pinch as it will affect both your food and fluid intake.

Remember that the band is a tool that you have to work with.

Patience is a virtue and at some point that 1ml of filling will let you know something is going on.

As long as your surgeon is working with you and helping you to get to the pinch stage then all should come together and you will notice the difference.

I had mine for 12 yrs and lost 14stone and had it removed for a by pass.

Good luck and don't feel too down. We are all different and you will eventually get the result you are so waiting for.

Don't give up. The pieces of your jig saw will come together. xx

Back