• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 day post-op gastric band advice please :-)

Viktoria-j-cook

hello I had my op on Friday!! Was hoping to find out what others have had to eat/shake and how much water you manage, I feel like I am struggling to stay hydrated how many mls shall I aim for.
Thanks- Vicky

hello I had my op on Friday!! Was hoping to find out what others have had to eat/shake and how much water you manage, I feel like I am struggling to stay hydrated how many mls shall I aim for.
Thanks- Vicky

Hi! I haven’t had a gastric band but I’m sure others who have will be a long shortly to help. Just wanted to say good luck on your journey! :)

Thanks- Vicky
Hi,
When I had my band fitted, I just stayed on fluids (shakes) and found hot drinks easier than water to get down. I couldn’t drink massive amounts initially but as the days went on this increased. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery xx

Struggling mentally if I am being honest, underestimated the willpower needed and the affect it is currently having on me psychologically :-( x

Bless you, probably a mixture of post op blues and what the hell have I done? We are all here to support you xx

Back