• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Please

Gems123

Hello all, I had my band fitted on 21st May, today I am getting a sort of discomfort like a pulling in my stomach around the port site, just wanted to know if this is normal and if so how long will it last?

thanks for any advice, gems :confused:

Hi There
if I remember rightly I had the same feeling almost like a tightening and I was told it was mostly likely just the healing process as things were knitting back together. It didn't last long but as always if you are concerned give your provider a call as that's what they're there for!

Emma xx

ports can take a while to settle and is normal to feel slight discomfort as long as your not in agony

thanks guys, am not in agony just a little pulling sensation when I move or cough, its not painful as such just a little uncomfortable, the wounds all seem very clean and healed so I am not too worried, thanks for the advice as always, gems

Gems - has this eased a little now? I found when i was beginning to move around more that it was the port area that tended to be the most tender, also with bending etc it often catches. Hope you're doing ok!

Hope you ok now.

To be honest my port pain lasted a few months and even now is still sometimes tender x

I think it's because my surgeon stitches it to the muscle so any muscle exertion I feel it x

thanks guys, am feeling a lot better but do feel it if I bend or use my stomach muscles to get up and about, hopefully it will ease off with time, thanks for your responses, ems

Back