• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op calories

NT1977

Obviously a way off for me until I go into eating solid food but husband bless him is trying to educate himself as he cooks dinner as home a few hours before me. So when eating how many calories daily are you aiming for and what protein breakdown?! X

Bless him!

It varies to be honest. I'm quite tall and active on the excerise front, so I needed between 1,100 and 1,200 to lose.

I didn't really aim for a particular amount of protein, just tried to make sure each meal consisted of a protein portion and it being one of the main parts.

Have a go on my fitness pal. If you put in your details it will come up with a suggested calorie intake.

I was thinking of using MFP, I want to be concious of what I am putting into my body. I walk quite a lot and hope to up that to running at some point x

Ive changed my phone can you get MFP on Android?

karen x

Yes you can :)

Brilliant I am going to join MFP. Do you follow the MFP calories suggestions? What about exercise calories?

i use Mfp too but work to providers guidelines and not what Mfp tells me. If you exercise it offsets the calories burned and gives you net calories o gives you a higher allowance - my provider said to not do this and to stick to the 1000 cals.

As It is my optimum weigh loss comes in at 1100 cals, I burn between 300-800 per day depending n exercise, but I don't give myself extra calories because of that.

I also stick to min 70g protein (over 100g if I can) and max 70g carbs as many days as I can. It's worked or me so far :)

Brilliant thanks Kat x

anytime and excuse typos I am on my phone lol

I have it on my android phone, its brilliant to keep track while your at work etc. You can adjust what it suggests to suit you, ie set your own protein, carb and fat allowances.

Like Kat though I never used my exercise calories! x

I did think that would be a no no, I just want to be aware of what's going j. And what I am earning x

Eating even! Lol

I never offset my exercise calories ... They are just a bonus.

My provider doesn't give guidance on calorie counting ... But I chose to do it and it worked for me to keep motivated and focussed to lose ... Rather than relying on the band in the early days. 1100-1200 calories a day on average was optimum for me to lose weight at 2-3 lbs per week. I say average, because I liked to be a bit lower on 5 days a weeks and then have a couple of days a week where I had more calories ... Typically at the weekends or if I was going out ... This gave me balance and I never felt I was going without. I don't low carb, but Mfp really helps measuring the protein, which was my main focus ... The more the better and its worked for me :)

Good luck NT

Ah brilliant flutterby that was another question! I often have to eat out with work and whilst I can make healthier choices on those days I think I will have to do some offsetting. I am glad that can work too - I suppose it's trial and error as to each persons body too x

It is very much about finding a balance that works for you. I have time when I take time off, Christmas, Easter and holiday at the end of May are prime examples. I still make choices and positive ones, but there are days when I go over, but this is a long term change and one where we also need to work on the way our mind works and not just what goes into the mouth.

If I go to the cinema I will take a small bag of popcorn with me, but, I try as much as I can to ensure that my treats still fall within my calories, if they don't, I get back on track the next day or amend what I've got left for the rest of the day to reduce the impact.

I don't "ban" any foods, as my provider doesn't. but for me it is very much about the choices I make, making the right ones, and even while on holiday a couple of weeks ago there were days I went over because we were out and about and I couldn't grab a salad, but when I went to a shop I picked some up to avoid the temptation of other stuff. Lots of planning can really help, but yes, finding a balance is what its all about :)

Back