• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

getting enough calories

ditsy_dame

Never in my life did I think I would be saying these words, but I don't think I'm getting enough calories. I'm now week 5 post op with a sleeve, and starting to eat real food, but my capacity is teeny tiny. Today I went back to Pilates for the first time since the op, and it was fine until I got home when I couldn't keep my eyes open and ended up in bed asleep by 1 pm. Before I went I had a protein shake but I could only manage half. So I had the rest of the shake after my nap. Lunch was a banana sliced and spread with Peanut butter. For dinner I had 1 veg samosa (Sainsbury's) with raitha and chutney, and I am stuffed.
My diet sheet says I should be eating 1500 calories a day. How? That would not be possible without eating ice cream and cakes all day and I need protein not sugar. Egg mayonnaise tuna mayo are things I've added in but again, 2 tablespoons and I'm done. Follow up appt with surgeon next week, hopefully he can give me some ideas. It was OK dealing with tiredness when I wasn't going out and doing stuff, but now I'm trying to get my body moving I can't keep going. I've lost 2 stone in 5 weeks which is fantastic, butI don't want to use sugar or a lot of fat to get my calories up .
Help!

Back