• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food/worries re surgery

terri.c

Hi all, sorry if this post it tedous and you have heard it all before :) I am having Gastric Plication on 11th June at BBC in Prague and struggling to find what to buy for post op intake when i get home. Only my husband knows i am having it done and i have to return to work approx 2 weeks post op and dreading anyone finding out, especially if i can only sip water and eat yoghurts. I work mainly with men and have been ridiculed nearly every day about my weight( i am 15 stone) to the point that i have had things posted on Twitter, facebook etc calling me Fat Olive off on the buses, Bella Emberg etc its been relentless and i have to laugh it off and pretend it does not bother me, but its crushed my confidence and self esteem, hence i am dreading anyone "sussing me out".
Just needed a few tips on what to buy.
also is it normal to have nightmares about not waking up and things going wrong etc coz i am having them every night.
sorry to winge everyone just very grateful of the support xxx

Hi

I also worked in a male dominant environment up until feb this year i was know as big Lou and boy did it p**s me off,

There had been many comments on facebook over the years about who i had eaten cos i had got hungry whilst at work....yes it does hurt and it does stay with you for a while, I had my op on wednesday and i ahve only told my mum and 3 very very close friends as i dont believe it is anyone elses business at present and feel i need to do it for me. I didnt have nightmares about not waking up but i did leave a will before i went to hospital as thought did cross my mind

I would say hold your head high and think about everything you have to gain and what the peoples faces will loook like when you waltz into work in a new number

Good luck and keep us posted xx

terri.c said:
Hi all, sorry if this post it tedous and you have heard it all before :) I am having Gastric Plication on 11th June at BBC in Prague and struggling to find what to buy for post op intake when i get home. Only my husband knows i am having it done and i have to return to work approx 2 weeks post op and dreading anyone finding out, especially if i can only sip water and eat yoghurts. I work mainly with men and have been ridiculed nearly every day about my weight( i am 15 stone) to the point that i have had things posted on Twitter, facebook etc calling me Fat Olive off on the buses, Bella Emberg etc its been relentless and i have to laugh it off and pretend it does not bother me, but its crushed my confidence and self esteem, hence i am dreading anyone "sussing me out".
also is it normal to have nightmares about not waking up and things going wrong etc coz i am having them every night.

Terri, please make sure you research this company, good luck xxx

from me phone :D

Hi Caren, is there something that i need to know about them? i have not read anything bad??

Also, I'm pretty sure that kind of bullying is some form of illegal. Harassment in the office is a real issue and you shouldn't accept that kind of hurtful treatment. You should bring it up with your manager or if your manager is one of the bullies, take it up with HR or an outside service. Everyone deserves to be respected in their workplace whatever their gender or size.

=(._.)= hugs

i you sure that this isnt a little extreme at only 15 stone, these sort of surgeries are aimed at people who have no other option and face an early death due to obesity, i would be more inclined to tell the people at work that u r hurt by what they say and that u would like it to stop, as for openly ridiculing u on social networking sites well thats just plain bullying and harrassment, how can people get away with this and then act like its playful banter, excuse my french but thats a f*&king outrage, if you have had to consider major abdominal surgery to stop the bullying then u seriously need to look into ur works policies and procedures and have these men silenced, i am all for surgery but for the right reasons, i dont believe this is the case, u seriously have to consider the life changing implications and the cost to stop people bullying u.

And no matter wether u go through with surgery or not, please please please, make an example of these people that think its right to humiliate someone so much that they go to these extremes.

My thoughts are with u whatever u do my love, and maybe this link will help u with the diet advicehttp://www.homerton.nhs.uk/uploaded...10._post-operative_nursing_advice_leaflet.pdf

also any good hospital/ surgical team would have made sure that u know all of this stuff prior to surgery

i you sure that this isnt a little extreme at only 15 stone, these sort of surgeries are aimed at people who have no other option and face an early death due to obesity, i would be more inclined to tell the people at work that u r hurt by what they say and that u would like it to stop, as for openly ridiculing u on social networking sites well thats just plain bullying and harrassment, how can people get away with this and then act like its playful banter, excuse my french but thats a f*&king outrage, if you have had to consider major abdominal surgery to stop the bullying then u seriously need to look into ur works policies and procedures and have these men silenced, i am all for surgery but for the right reasons, i dont believe this is the case, u seriously have to consider the life changing implications and the cost to stop people bullying u.

And no matter wether u go through with surgery or not, please please please, make an example of these people that think its right to humiliate someone so much that they go to these extremes.

My thoughts are with u whatever u do my love, and maybe this link will help u with the diet advicehttp://www.homerton.nhs.uk/uploaded...10._post-operative_nursing_advice_leaflet.pdf

also any good hospital/ surgical team would have made sure that u know all of this stuff prior to surgery
Hi Subad thanks so much for your reply. I know 15 stone doesn't sound massive but it is to me and i am so miserable. I have tried EVERY diet going and get the weight off quite quick, i lost 3 stone last year and put it all back on. I had a heart attack albeit a "mild one" and was diagnosed with heart disease (its in the family) and just think the only option is a Wrap as i eat, eat and bloody eat to combat any emotion i am having and i am never full up!
as for the tossers at work, its gone on so long now that i am too embarassed to do/say anything.
i just want to be slim, healthy and confident again x

i just want to be slim, healthy and confident again x
i know that feeling, i am 2 weeks away from mine and i am struggling with the pre op diet i seem to do 3 days ok and then do 2 days where i still eat in the evening i know that this last 2 weeks are so important and i have to sort it out or my op could be cancelled and i dont want open surgery, out of the 2 weeks i have had so far i think i have done about 6 days and failed the rest and its making me miserable and that definately makes it harder, i would probably go for a band if i were you and i would go for the surgeon that caren and all the others go with, dr cierny i think his name is, he is very popular on here for all surgeries, but atleast with a band you still have some relationship with food and its not that easy to stretch it, it also has less complications and is very usefull if unlike me u only have to lose a small amount of weight, ( i have to lose around 200lbs, so i am having a bypass), talk to caren and the others and they will help u contact this guy, it seems that if he is the best thats the way forward xx

i know that feeling, i am 2 weeks away from mine and i am struggling with the pre op diet i seem to do 3 days ok and then do 2 days where i still eat in the evening i know that this last 2 weeks are so important and i have to sort it out or my op could be cancelled and i dont want open surgery, out of the 2 weeks i have had so far i think i have done about 6 days and failed the rest and its making me miserable and that definately makes it harder, i would probably go for a band if i were you and i would go for the surgeon that caren and all the others go with, dr cierny i think his name is, he is very popular on here for all surgeries, but atleast with a band you still have some relationship with food and its not that easy to stretch it, it also has less complications and is very usefull if unlike me u only have to lose a small amount of weight, ( i have to lose around 200lbs, so i am having a bypass), talk to caren and the others and they will help u contact this guy, it seems that if he is the best thats the way forward xx
Hiya, i've actually booked the wrap with BBC in Prague and fly out a week today, that said if i had done a bit more research i would have gone with dr cierny. So if i cancel BBC they will hound me to death for the £3200 i owe x

Hi Terri,

During my early research (November 2011) I enquired with BBC about possible surgery dates.

At the time Martin Fried was promoted as carrying out the wrap surgery for BBC. They came back to me with dates but they wanted me to sign up within two days to get this deal. I felt this was very much pressure selling and needed time to think what I was proposing to do.

I again contacted them (about 6 weeks ago) prior to booking with Cosmetic Bliss. I was told in an email from Maria (BBC) that Martin Fried no longer works with them.

I responded back asking for the surgeon's CV (so that I could do my own research) and have never received a reply. They never asked for any medical tests etc which Cosmetic bliss insist on.

Cosmetic Bliss are slightly more expensive but everything flights, insurance etc is covered in the price. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you but I felt this company weren't for me.

Victoria x

Back