• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food

I had to be on liquid for two whole weeks so anything that could go through a sieve

Day 9 post op (gastric sleeve though) had mostly beef or chicken consommé ( canned clear broth found in most supermarkets). Milk, pouring yogurt, tomato soup with a little water added, mineral water with no added sugar squash, fruit herbal teas, regular tea with skimmed milk. Have manage a low fat custard but I am more a savoury person like you. I'm on 3 weeks of liquids then onto puréed. Keeping liquids up to around 2 litres per day (urgh that's difficult). Carol Bowen Ball's blog & recipe books are fab for recipes if you like cooking. Recipes, cookery, tips and diet advice for bariatric surgery patients hope this gives you some ideas.
Good luck.

Having difficulty with milk & adding milk powder to up my protein intake makes me very uncomfortable & a little sick. I've bought nice little pouches of puréed stuff in baby aisle around 69p in Sainsbury to save rafting around when I get to that stage. Take a look.

I'm 11 days post op and have been living off soup, innocent smoothies and low cal custard pots. I bought yoghurts too but the kids ate them all before I had a chance to! Hope this has given you a couple of ideas.
I can't wait for Thursday as I can move onto purée. Ready Brek here I come!

You need to be eating what your post op eating plan specifies, if you are not sure or if the plan is unclear you should speak to your provider.

As others have said 2 weeks liquids only is the norm.

I had my sleeve done at SRH and I'm on purée for 4 weeks I've had tommy soup chicken soup yogurts custard ready brek cheese triangles I too am sick of sweet things and spoke to the dietician she said I could have cracker breads because they go I nothi g so have had them with pâté and Philly on. I've had mash with veg and gravy I've had mash with puréed beans and cheese I want cornbeef but will not pay te prices lol . I have had no issues getting 2 litres of fluids in and was concerned but they said that's good . I was told eggs is the next stage which I can't wait for lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

U best check with your team I would hate to think I have told u something wrong lol I never counted till yesterday and yesterday I had 176 calories and about a pint o milk not sure of the calories then I had a binge on 5 crackers which was about 150 calories , my dietician told me I'm not eating enough when I just had soup for dinner and tea so I've tried to get more in but my weight loss is rubbish so ignore me lol

I am good thanks but I am 5 months out. But finally starting to have some restriction so very happy with it. Ideas I lived on spuds with beans and cheese, tuna mayonnsise mash sweed and carrots scramble eggs. Hth xx

It's hard because up until last week I was not counting a because its reminds be that I am on constant diet which I want to break from. And b because my dietitian wants to rely more on hunger and fullness and food texture than calories counting. However I have started keeping on eye on it and I am about a 1000 calories or there about. When I was at your stage about 800. I had good restriction at your stage its was week 4 that the swelling went down and the battle started. But now I have restriction and very very happy. Hopefully the scales will reflect that too. Keep asking question whatever makes people journey easier and more enjoyable :)

Hiya I'm not doing great tbh I'm not getting enough fluid or food I just can't do it , today I've had 2 coffees beans and sausage with mash and garlic Philly and a milky coffee I'm having te same for tea so def not enough of anything today can't get 900 calories in and two litres its one or the other really , started yet another period and other than that feel ok walking a lot more than I did pre op lol aching but still doing it lol how's u ? X

Back