• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food

Stick at it ladies, it's all worth it but as you've already spotted there's many variations of what we get told! Go by what you've been given. If I really struggled I'd just top up with milky coffees or options hot choc with milk x

gizmogirl said:
hi mrs flump maybe because i was nhs lol think i cant afford crunchy food lol do you live near taunton?? xx

:) :D

hi just finished reading tru this post, im 2 days post op so on liquids another 12 days, why are we not allowed chewing gum? i had a horrid taste in my mouth today and have been chewing all day :(

Was a massive chewing gum fan but it's a no go after your band. Also had horrid taste post op and used dry mouth spray from boots also brushed my Tongue as I had coating on it...does go ... But took me ten days ish to get rid of it ... Mouth wash tooth paste breath spray!! Good luck xx

What's the reason for no chewing gum tho after u have a band?

I think it is because you are chewing and swallowing air same reason we are not allowed boiled sweets or fizzy drinks? I could be wrong. It may also be the risk of swallowing it and it blocking the band?

All of those but when you chew gum your gastric juices start to secrete as stomach expecting food. With gum you obviously shouldn't swallow anyway, there is no food going down. Gastric juices are very acidic & post op / band we have to be cautious about developing ulcers & the like.

Thanks xx no more chewing gum so lol

Back