• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op gastric band diet?? Help pls x

Baileyamber

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there's any info/recipes on here for the 'mushy diet' to be followed 2 weeks after the band op? On liquids for 2 weeks now which is easy as it's literally shakes an soups but would like a few ideas on what I can make when into onto more solid food, otherwise ill be eating mash everyday haha

Also, I know I can't eat meat, bread or rice for 3 months but wondered if anyone has had minced meat, and pasta/risotto after the first month and has been ok?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi I've moved your thread into the banders recipies section, have a look at some of the threads in this section. You might get some tips! I loved the mushy stage, my first 'meal' was mushy peas with some sloppier than normal mash - mmmmm. Others things I had were parsley sauce, hummous, thicker yoghurts - but a fair few of my mushy meals contained mash. I also had very milky scrambled egg but I know a lot of banders struggle with egg - so try with caution. I still don't eat bread, rice or pasta - I was advised that they can cause issues with swelling, blockages etc I chose to give them up as rice and pasta were my vices. I wouldn't advise you try anything before you have been advised to - pasta and rice dishes may seem 'mushy' but they are not the texture you should aim for at the mushy stage. Good luck x

are those guidelines for meat, rice and bread from your provider? Or ones you've heard about? We were not prevented fom eating any of those foods...but to need to obtain your guidelines from your provider an work with them.

My mush was ratatouille, flaked fish, mashed vegetables. Things such as ready brek, weetabix, cottage pie, fish pie, chilli con carne (no rice if you're not allowed it), stewed fruits, thicker soups, yogurts, lots to eat really :)

are those guidelines for meat, rice and bread from your provider? Or ones you've heard about? We were not prevented fom eating any of those foods...but to need to obtain your guidelines from your provider an work with them.

My mush was ratatouille, flaked fish, mashed vegetables. Things such as ready brek, weetabix, cottage pie, fish pie, chilli con carne (no rice if you're not allowed it), stewed fruits, thicker soups, yogurts, lots to eat really :)

Well in my booklet it says no bread, tough meat or rice for 3 months, I just presumed it would be the same for pasta with it swelling when eaten?? I suppose it's down to the individual. It wouldn't bother me if I never ate bread again because all it did was bloat me anyway but I do enjoy a bit of pasta now and again aswell as meat, maybe if its not too tough I could give it a go?

Thank for the lust if things you ate, I'll be noting some of these for myself :) x

Well in my booklet it says no bread, tough meat or rice for 3 months, I just presumed it would be the same for pasta with it swelling when eaten?? I suppose it's down to the individual. It wouldn't bother me if I never ate bread again because all it did was bloat me anyway but I do enjoy a bit of pasta now and again aswell as meat, maybe if its not too tough I could give it a go?

Thank for the lust if things you ate, I'll be noting some of these for myself :) x

I didnt mention pasta (previous poster did) but You need to follow those guidelines from your provider regardless of what other people can do, or are able to eat, my provider places no limits or ban on such foods and a lot is own to personal tolerance. :)

THG guidance is also on their website :)

Back