• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post-op liquid diet ideas

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
What did you have when on the liquid stage post op?

Im starting to make a list and its looking a little bland.

Ive got to stay on this for 2-4 weeks (depending on my provider) so want to make it as interesting as possible.

Tam
xx

Wow trying to cast my mind back a way here! We don't have malabsorbtion or dumping so :
Drinking yogurts, Soups (no bits), Bovril, Complan, smoothies (like the innocent range..I liked the pineapple and coconut one) slimfast, Juices & Milk I think

Ive just spotted some of those 'innocent' smoothies but in a tube which sound good so ive ordered some.
Ill also pop to the local home bargains as they do them 'just add water' cups of bovril....and i love these.

Ive also ordered some chewable vitamins, melt in your mouth pain killers, chewable wind tablets and breath spray.

Im feeling ready to rock & roll!

Tam
xx

Oh yes, its great you get that last minute review so you can take the bad stuff out.

Told my hubby today that the shopping bill will come down now as ill have a band....more fool me, it was £20 more this week with all the 'new extras' ill be needing.

Hi Tam. I have just finished doing two weeks on liquids after a fill. I have logged it on the banders daily food and exercise log. It was not very exciting - mostly soup. Immediately after my surgery I had to be on liquids for 4 weeks and I still do not know how I got through it.

tranquil x

Thanks TB,

Im actually looking forward to it, it was quite hard to buy small, kiddy sized stuff from tesco last night but i enjoyed doing it.
I remember reading somewhere on here that you need to think of yourself as a tiny baby, who is just starting solids. How they do milk for weeks, then mushies, then tiny bits of solid.
Babies are great inspirations for adults and its amazing how we loose so many of the good habits as we get bigger. For example, kids practice excellent manual handling techniques, they bend at thier knees and keep their back straight. They chew, chew, chew and have pauses between mouthfulls and they stop when they are full. Im glad my mate has just had a baby so i can watch and learn....fancy a fully grown adult learning from a baby????

tranquil_butterfly said:
Hi Tam. I have just finished doing two weeks on liquids after a fill. I have logged it on the banders daily food and exercise log. It was not very exciting - mostly soup. Immediately after my surgery I had to be on liquids for 4 weeks and I still do not know how I got through it.

tranquil x

I was told just three days of liquids? Does that sound enough?

I was told just three days of liquids? Does that sound enough?

Cazraline go by your providers advice. Mine is extreme - I do not know of any other provider that states that after every fill you have to do two weeks liquids followed by 2 weeks puree to soft foods. Most providers have you back on solids by stages within a week. If your provider say three days then follow it.

HTH

tranquil x

wow, have to eat like a baby,.. going backwards lol, hope i dont have to go back to wearing nappies lol

lol @ maura.

i got my slimfast today!!

Back