• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP LIQUID IDEA'S PLEASE

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi all, i am having my bypass op in 8 days but i havent been advised in what to have straight after the op, i guess there advise me in hospital but thought if i knew what i could have i can get myself prepared before i go in.
Lisa xxx

Everyone is told differently depending upon their provider. Most appear to be clear liquids for 2 weeks - no alcolhol! This allows wounds to heal. I am sure your hospital will advise you though. My op is in 10 days time so I am on my pre op diet at the moment. Hope that helps. Best wishes.

If they don't offer a post op diet sheet ask for one. The advice you may be given may be completely different to mine.

I'm waiting for Bypass, but allready have a post op diet sheet.
They suggest suitable liquids such as clear soups, cream soup (no bits), Build-Up, Ensure, Slim Fast, Complan and semi-skimmed milk.

Thank you, how are you finding it? Im on day 9 now and living mostly on chicken! First 4 days were awful i had severe hunger pains, headaches and felt so week and dizzy, been fine since and have lost 10lbs so far so good!
Lisa xxx

Today - day 5 I feel like climbing the walls! Really thought I'd be ok. I will be I know. My diet is a milk/yoghurt/bovril diet. I decided that I would be less likely to cheat if I did this. Well done on the 10lbs. x x

See what your surgery team advise first. Mine (Walsall Manor) advise this for weeks 1-4:

Strictly fluids diet -
- Water
- Tea, coffee, herb or fruit teas
- Diluted fruit juices (1/2 juice, 1/2 water)
- Thin smooth soups (do not liquidise soup but strain off before serving)
- Low calorie / no added sugar / sugar free squash
- Fortimel / Fortisip (no more than 2 bottles a day) if you don't lik ethese, you can have Slim Fast instead.
- Sugar free jelly

You also have a daily allowance of 1 pint of semi-skimmed milk a day
Aim for 2 litres of fluid a day to reduce the risk of experiencing headaches and dizziness.

sugar free jelly, sugar free smoothies,(innocent for kids) low fat yogurt no lumps, low fat ice cream. horlicks light, oveltiene light. clear cup a soups, bovril, fruit juice,

B & R thank you. Hunger this morning was my problem, but I'm ok now. I'm worried about having too much. I'm better when I'm at work rather than at home. I am determined to stick to it though. I would hate them to open me up and not go ahead with the op.

thank you all for your suggestions, i love chocolate slimfast so hope im allowed them!
lisa xxx

Back