• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food idea's for post op?

gingernutter

Hi,

you would think that after a 2 year wait for this surgery that I should of been ready but I was not.

The truth is that after so many disappointments on my journey that I was scared to let myself believe that it might happen. Even thou I have found myself not too well informed about my after surgery menu. I still wouldn't change a thing. I am so so happy. Charing cross hospital was fantastic!!!

My mistake was not absorbing my research concerning my after diet.

I am now on the pureed food stage but stuck for idea's.

Has anyone got any easy idea's for me? Please don't say SOUP!!!!

How about carrot and swede mash, with a rich tasty gravy or tuna mayo, made with lots of light mayo...:D

ive bought some of those tinned stewed meats, the meats very tender or you could blitz them with more gravy

smoothies are a good at this stage

Hot pot mashed made with lots of veg
(can you have corned beef)
jacket potatoe blitsed into a paste
beans pureed down with cheesy mash

I am totally pre op so might have got them completely wrong sorry

Ive been out of the loop - last time I read one of your posts, you had been turned down for funding and now you've had the op - wow - amazing stuff - what happened?????

When I was on sloppies I ate, and it was advised by the hospital, shepherds pie, cottage pie, tuna mayonnaise (low fat), lasagne, stewed apple made with artificial sweetner, lamb hotpot, beef stew (make sure the beef is really tender with lots of sauce), beef hotpot, mashed potato, scrambled egg

Caroline,

thanks! great idea's.

I know it is hard to believe but after 2 years of fighting I found a loop whole via Charing cross hospital. I contacted them after being turned down for the third time and they were happy to see me. It was a blessing in disguise as they were so helpful. I first seen them on 3 April and had my surgery on the 29 July.

Anyone with funding problems should try contact Charing cross in London as I did. They did my by pass but they can not do bands without funding. You need to ask your GP to refer you to them. They are fantastic!

Last edited:
Corned beef hash with cheese and gravy, it was the best tasting thing I'd had for a while lol. Jacket potato flesh scooped out and mixed with curry sauce - either blitzed or lumps removed. Home made low sugar custard (buy the custard powder as its sugar free and use sweetener)

Caroline,

thanks! great idea's.

I know it is hard to believe but after 2 years of fighting I found a loop whole via Charing cross hospital. I contacted them after being turned down for the third time and they were happy to see me. It was a blessing in disguise as they were so helpful. I first seen them on 3 April and had my surgery on the 29 July.

Anyone with funding problems should try contact Charing cross in London as I did. They did my by pass but they can not do bands without funding. You need to ask your GP to refer you to them. They are fantastic!

Thats just brilliant - Im so pleased for you and that its all worked out so well. You wont recognise yourself by Christmas!

Hi,

I took on board the many helpful suggestions here and I am enjoying my food much more. I also have gained a little more confidence.

I rang the hospital dietitian and she was very pleased at my commitment and she thinks I am doing very well.

Back