• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op madness bucket list

starryeyed

good morning lovely ladies and gents

So it's very rare that I make new threads as I usually spam the hell out of my diary.

The past few days a lot has changed for me headspace wise and it's really nice to have a new outlook on everything.

I'm now four months post op. I'm creating a post op bucket list. Is there anything you want to do post op that you couldn't do before?

Here's mine:

-travel abroad (last time was 2008 when I had to request a seatbelt extender, mortified)
-road trip to at least three states in America
-visit a panda orphanage as they are my favourite!
-buy myself a car that I feel comfortable in and that I don't panic about if I'll fit in the seat or not
-bungee jump
-go for a nice dressed up meal date with the boyfriend
-sit in a middle seat on the tube
-study a new field of work, most probably midwife
-get my legs waxed! Always been too embarrassed
-get my new tattoo that reminds me of my life changing through surgery
-meet new people! Including some of you lot

Okay so some of them are a little adventurous but I can't wait to try and fulfil this list.

Mine would be wishes from my earlier years and things I've missed out on ..

Dearly love to ride again . In my teens I used to ride back back in a bikini along the beach where I worked . Don't want to wear a bikini riding again lol ! But I'd love to be able to have a good hack and feel that freedom again ..

To wear an evening dress .. A real dress up beautiful proper long evening dress ..

To walk along the beach at Hengistbury Head , the long walk behind the cliff along the stormy beach instead of riding my scooter along the little road ..

Jeans .. A good pair of modern jeans .

A size 8 shoes and be able to buy a pair anywhere instead of inline catalogues .. Currently a 9

Upper arms . Having the excess skin done so I can wear sleeveless tops . Not worn them since the 90s

To be seriously involved with renovation on my daughters 16th century thatched cottage without worrying about falling over !

Love to go back to USA again and be healthier so I can do a lot more ..

Whale watching .. Again being healthy enough to do all that trip would entail ..

Swimsuit ! And look decent in one and not have people stare and look ..

Oh and to grow my mega short hair into something softer like this and then a longer into a bob
I just love this hair style !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • To be able to jog/run/sprint! for 45min or more (to be able to physically 'enjoy' sports)
  • Fit into a pair of nice fitted jeans
  • Be more sociable
  • Get a job!
  • Fall in looooove again ;) (No interest in falling in love at moment..:()
  • Go sightseeing with my camera (not be anxious in busy places)
  • Get back into Acrylic painting (my hobby) Can't do it at the moment due to feeling too sleepy during the day. And, pain in my hands and arm. Oh, and plus because of blurry vision ...due to the diabetes.
  • Not getting excessively sweaty!
  • Discover, new hobbies & interests
  • Putting a bra on properly! (Rarther than over my head...lol)
  • Go to the races. (Again, way too anxious at presant) , And don't cope too well in the sun.

There in no particular order...and may not seem that exciting...lol. Who knows, my list may change as time goes on. :)

Toni :painting:

• Walk unaided and further. Need to get to 35 BMI and then have full knee replacement and recovered.
  • swim in the sea - used to love this but currently have problems walking on a beach
  • put a tent up and camp - had to stop when I could no longer put the tent up or get up and down off an airbed
  • Consider flying for the first time as my daughter and grandchildren are emigrating to NZ next month. Other issues to address around this too though too.
  • Shop in Primark!
  • Wear shorts
  • Have more energy
  • Maybe find love from someone who isn't a feeder!
Can't think of anything else at the moment but i am sure there will be more

I love all of the wishes everyone has listed and I am sure that you will all achieve them in no time.

For me I would love to:

Ride a motorbike again
Be able to jog
Take up karate again
Buy some suits for work (off the hanger from anywhere)
Dress more stylish (like a 37 year old rather than whatever fits)
Buy a Superdry top (don't even like them that much but I feel like the only man alive without one lol)
Look in the mirror and see a slim guy looking back
Feel comfortable in any seat without the fear of it colapsing
Fit in an aeroplane seat without an extension belt and having to hold my arms crossed so I don't squash anyone next to me!

I am sure there are a million other trivial things that being overwheight has stopped me doing but these would be a fantastic start

I would love to just open the wardrobe and put anything on, no clothes anxiety.

Is it possible to enjoy clothes shopping??

(I will also have to bin a lot of worn out rags, a historical catalogue of not worn for ages items, bought to fit into items, passed down and given items and get some cash together for new clothes, hahaha)

I would love to travel in an aeroplane and 1. Not have a belt extension and 2. Not have to sit near the window so I don't have to get out of seat to allow someone else to stretch......also means I would be able to pee on a plane without fear of getting stuck in loo.
To wear a decent pair of jeans.
I am a carer and I find it almost impossible to kneel on floor ( and get back up again)
To be intimate with hubby without being self conscious
I'd love to ride a horse...,something I've never done.
I ssooooo want to buy off the peg clothes from M&S ......they don't do my large size
I want to no feel anxious about visiting anyone in the summer and having to panic if I can fit into garden furniture seat.
But most of all I do t want to feel ashamed anymore.

What a good idea. Okay, for me its the little things. I want to be able to....

~ Sit in a plastic garden chair without having to weirdly support some weight with my legs & generally be terrified of a You've Been Framed-style collapse.
~ Wear clothes that reflect my personal style, not just whatever awfulness Evans/New Look have in stock...
~ Be slightly less scared of heart attacks
~ Be able to go abroad without spending 10+ hours on the internet before figuring out seat widths & belt lengths
~ Not turn into a sweaty betty on hot days
~ Use the beach horse ride voucher my friend got me for my birthday
~ Turn over in bed without fearing the slats will break/slip
~ Give even less of a **** what people think of me (already quite good at this)
~ Go running! Just to run along a road one evening next summer.
~ Live without fear of humiliation at every turn, and embrace new things instead of running from them.
~ Oh yeah, wear a pair of heels without worrying the sheer pound-per-inch force will cause a hole in the fabric of reality.... :D

Just come across this and what a great thread!
Mine would be to not need the fat seat at theme parks.
To start running .....5k/10k would be great.
To not have my 5 year old ask why my stomach hangs down.
To wear a gorgeous dress and feel a million dollars on a date with hubby
To climb the inca trail.
To climb lions rock (sygiria) in Sri Lanka after previously failing!
To join in sporting activities with the kids.

Back