• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op quantity - soft stage.

If you want a TC you'll get one. I had no contacts so none of that helped me. My firm only take 2:1's so no idea who is taking 2:2's!

It's a rubbish career with rubbish pay. A law degree will stand you in good stead and isn't a waste of time at all. How about teaching? They practically pay you to become a teacher nowadays.

tealovingsleever said:
If you want a TC you'll get one. I had no contacts so none of that helped me. My firm only take 2:1's so no idea who is taking 2:2's!

It's a rubbish career with rubbish pay. A law degree will stand you in good stead and isn't a waste of time at all. How about teaching? They practically pay you to become a teacher nowadays.

I am considering the social work masters as it is funded by NHS. Or taking a year out and indeed giving teaching a try! I am in Bradford so the dynamics are unique I think, families look after their own and thus nieces/nephews/cousins get the training contracts. Hardly any pay for the LPC now and I am poor so would not have the money for that independently. I must be in top 5% but get nowhere :( Which area of law do you practice? I have recently become really interested in employment and family!

I was self funding too. I do family, mainly divorce and finance.

tealovingsleever said:
I was self funding too. I do family, mainly divorce and finance.

Oh I have just finished 3500 words on divorce!! I loved that but not the assets, kids, PPO's etc lol! I spent two days trying to figure out whether rental from two properties in his sole name was counted as income for maintenance!! Three of us tried and we never did work that out! I had a summer placement in a family law firm and really enjoyed it. I wish I had the resources for funding the LPC, lecturers tell me to practice but I don't have that £10k and never will.

You borrow the money on a professional studies loan or do it part time and work.

Tee hee. It's annoying when you can't find the answer.

tealovingsleever said:
Tee hee. It's annoying when you can't find the answer.

I missed six weeks of lectures for one thing and another including surgery, it was really annoying me not finding the answer anywhere! One question was critically analysing proposals to criminalise forced marriage, I did much better with that than divorce haha!

I'm sure you did much better on that than I would have.

tealovingsleever said:
I'm sure you did much better on that than I would have.

Now I enjoyed forced marriage - I did not enjoy kids, maintenance, cars, property etc etc and you would DEFINITELY have thrashed me at that ;)

Lawstudent said:
Now I enjoyed forced marriage - I did not enjoy kids, maintenance, cars, property etc etc and you would DEFINITELY have thrashed me at that ;)

Oh god all I can think of is White v White, Miller v Miller and B v B!!!!!! Hahha

Hi ladies, excuse me for jumping on your thread lol. Im a family/ civil litigator too! I just wanted to say I qualified as solicitor via ILEX which meant after the lpc I was exempt from the training contract. That's the main benefit of ilex as tcs are v. Hard to find. I only qualified last year so I'm only a baby solicitor but I'm loving it!

It's funny though as when u tell people you are a solicitor they assume you are minted but it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm on 10k less now than I was as a legal secretary (I used to work in central London and now work in a high street practice).

I got a natwest graduate loan for the lpc and I'll be paying that off forever!

Another one! How funny. Why are you exempt from a TC as a legal exec?

I'm 9 years qualified. So old!!

When I was studying with ILEX it was mega cheap it was about £200 per subject (saying that I guess when you add them all up its quite a lot)! However, if you have a law degree you only have to take two practice papers to become a legal executive. If you become a legal executive first and then undertake the LPC, when you finish you are exempt from the TC - just have to do the professional skills course and away you go!

Back