• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op

MrsS

Here i am 4 days post op, what have i learnt so far.......

Runny custard gives me wind
Half a cup of ovaltine is far too much
Water/juice is going down lovely
Tea is like amber nectar
Injecting into my belly leaves huge bruises

Starting to feel slightly more human today, actually having managed to get some sleep last night.

Not yet into any sort of routine yet just having a little bit of what i fancy whenever i fancy trying something which at present is not often......

I can start on pureed foods as of tues but not sure if i will be ready, will have to wait & see.

The biggest surprise for me has been an absence of "pain" ive had the discomfort of wind & a touch of back ache from being in the same position in bed all the time but nothing else......was expecting things to be much more bruised & painful but thankfully not!

In fact ive had only 1 dose of liquid paracetamol so far today where before i would be almost onto 3!

All in all things are already getting easier & will hopefully be able to go home to our house instead of at my parents when hubby finishes his night shifts on wednesday

:) happy MrsS today

Sounds like you are doing very well. Don't push the purees until you feel ready. You have loads of time. Good luck.

Sounds like your doing great x

Thanks all, im feeling loads better today as i got almost a full night's sleep although i felt like i was parched this morning & had headache which im assuming was to do with lack of fluids through the night.

Managed to have a small pot of low fat devon custard watered down with milk & split into 2 portions yesterday & had 3/4 of a small pot of sugar free jelly, the liquids are not a problem at present luckily :) x

Well its now day 5 (full days since op) and i woke only once through the night, at least i can sleep on my side a bit now so not waking up with back ache a million times a night.

On the liquids front i had a full tub of jelly split into morning & teatime with a glass of milk at lunch

Planning to have a nice yummy devon custard watered down with milk for dinner today

May start to try some pureed food tomorrow, will see how i feel when i get up
Have held off getting weighed so that it is hopefully a nice surprise :)

Hi MrsS great looking at your post as I could have written it and was worrying a little as I'm not in a routine yet either. I'm just 6 days post op. I'm a faddy eater at best of times and not sure what I fancy. Living off soup at mo. little bit of slimfast but not that keen on the strawberry so trip out at weekend for banana. Need to try some fruit juice too. Not sleeping well but as you say it's nice to sleep on your side. I used to sleep for England but just can't seem to relax and uncomfortable in bed or on chair in lounge. Have 2 flights of stairs to bed so bit if exercise twice a day. Got headache at times too - could be lack of sleep tho as I'm drinking.

Hi Sam

Its nice to have surgery buddy :)

Im feeling better every day, i hate the daily injection for dvt tho :(

Just had jacket potato with tuna & cheese blitzed with a bit of warm milk was interesting but at least theres plenty of protein in there :)

Have you got any good ideas for meals yet? Xx

well 1 week ago today i had my surgery!!

It feels like ages ago, yet its gone by so quick!

My weight when i returned from honeymoon on 12th Oct was 25st 12lbs

My weight at the start of 10 day pre op liver shrink on 29th Oct was 25st 4lbs (8lbs loss)

My weight on surgery day 8th Nov was 24st 8lbs (10lbs loss)

Today, 1 week post op I am now 23st 13lbs (9lbs loss)

All in all 27lbs loss since 12th Oct.

In my eyes thats a fantastic achievement in itself :)

Now onwards & downwards with my fantastic new tool!!

MrsS xx

Hi MrsS glad to hear you've just had some Mach - been tinkering with the idea as fed up if soup. Just had tesco delivery. Bought the tin if mince and onions and stewed steak as its so soft - will wean onto that. Also bought some tinned spag laughing cow cheese triangles and some baking potatoes. Having a Campbell's chicken soup now the condensed one made with same amount of milk. Also just got some summer fruit fruit juice which is fab and tasty. Taking everything easy as don't want to feel ill but craving a juicy fillet steak - may have one for Christmas Day :)

Would love to buddy up and compare progress etc. also hating that injection - counting them down :)

Just had leftovers from last night for my dinner with more grated cheese & really enjoyed it so im happy

Having chicken soup tonight & blending a some chicken breast into it :) xx

Just had 1 scrambled egg with a bit of cheese triangle in it and then finished the triangle yum. Popped a baked spud in for tea as it should do a couple of days will try with some of the spag as its soft. No gastro grub but its great as before I'd have had 6 eggs and something with it too.

Sounds good!

Looking forward to scrambled egg but im on puree for a few more days :) xx

Very nice! May try some over the weekend!! Lots of protein :)

Came home yesterday after a week staying at mum & dads!

I slept like a baby! The best i slept since the op!!

Feeling great this morning :)

Glad you Had a better sleep - me too so alls good. Had the purée mash and tinned mince and onions which was so tasty. Also had a weightwatchers milky chocolate drink last thing with sweetener it was lovely - wondered if I'd dump but didn't so evening routine from now as I can't stand other warm milky drinks and its another protein hit. I used to have about 10-15 coffees a day but now just having the one in the morning made with milk - decaf always - this will be better for me too :)

I managed weetabix this morning :) really pleased!!

Did a full one with a ton of milk & blitzed it, was nice as a change to fromage frais!

Well im now 10 days out & have had staples out today :)

Feeling a bit fed up as im fast running out of ideas of foods to have on the "mushy/soft" stages

Back