• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are your eating habbits Post Op?

Meat is something that I knew all post oppers can feel uncomfy with. Chicken and strangely eggs too - however I have never had an issue with it. I just took it slow, ensured the meat I ate was V tender and chew chew chewed until my life depended on it. Perfect for protein and feeling full. If you get enough protein in and dont miss it, then all is well, but if not - maybe try it again? Im not sitting here telling you or talking down to you Kim, you got to goal and its something I didnt manage so clearly your doing something right...I would just hate someone to miss out on a good steak or lamb chop ;) Hahaha x

Ooh i dreamed of a nice bit of steak for a while before i got brave enough to try it... OMG it was heaven on a sizzling plate. My daughter jokingly asked if we'd won the lottery, nope but if i can eat so little i can have a nice sliver of cow occasionally.. Now lamb i struggled with last time i had it...

Lamb roasted and lamb chops and lamb sews...all cracking if cooked properly for me. All go down well. Chicken breast I struggle with as they are naturally very dry I reckon! I too buy the single steaks from supermarkets and cut in half. One one day and the other hald the next. Hubby always eats crap oon them nights as he HATES steak!?! Randomer! Haha

Oooh I hope I can still eat steak post op.. I'm guessing I might have to change from having it blue tho!

Here is an average day in what I eat....

Breakfast

Bowl of Fruit & Fibre

Lunch

Bowl of tuna salad (No Mayo) or soup

Dinner

Beans on toast or Fish with a couple of baby boiled potatos or peas.

And in between I have snacks such as yogurts, fruit and Snack-a-jacks

This is just an example of my usual daily diet. I eat other things in my diet also on other days. but No meat or bread.

I'm early days yet but so far enjoying meat: chicken, pork or beef, cooked for hours in a slow cooker until tender.
potato...tiny amount, no skin.
yoghurt - low fat, low sugar.
fruit juice (tiny amount though, at most 1 glass per day)
tuna, salmon
vegetables- cauliflower, broccoli, onions, peppers, tomatoes (tinned)
cereal- cornflakes, porridge, weetabix
fruit- soft- strawberries, raspberries, bananas, nectarine.
milk- milky coffee, NAS milk shake
cheese - half fat cheddar, Babybel lights, cottage cheese
soups - low fat
eggs - but I find them a bit indigestible so far.

I haven't yet risked salad/bread/raw veg but I'm craving it!

I've had 2 half glasses of wine and thoroughly enjoyed them!
and 2 half packs of Quavers because I was craving, but I can't say I enjoyed them and I don't think I will indulge again.

But other than that I've not wanted to 'cheat'. I avoid sugar like the plague as I would dump but I want to continue to avoid it because it's a good idea.

I stick to a low fat diet for the same reason, (more healthy) and don't add salt any more as I find the flavours so much stronger so I don't need to.

I try to make my food interesting and tasty because I still love food and don't want to get bored.

I hope my diet stays as healthy as it is now; I'm loving it!

Err is this a stupid question? But how can you have beans on toast if you don't eat bread?

Oooh I hope I can still eat steak post op.. I'm guessing I might have to change from having it blue tho!

Just to let you know that I ate a whole fillet steak done medium rare the other day, it was absolutely delish. Mind you I did concentrate and chewed and chewed and chewed and enjoyed it more than the old days.

I am SO looking forward to steak! Yum, my favourite! I'm so glad I haven't gone off meat!

Hi Kim - Great news on reaching target. I think you have phrased your question a little wrong for me....I do take my post op diet seriously, however I still tend to eat hat I wish, in moderation. I dont eat a low fat diet all of the time, if I fancy a bit of summat, I tend to have it. I was told from day one that this isnt a diet, its a way of life forever and there is no way I could face not having the things I like. Unlike eating 8 packets of crisps and a can or 3 of coke, I have 1 bag and a diet coke.
I have recently switched to decaffe tea and coffee due to my pregnancy, however all fluids count as fluids, so that doesnt bother me either.
I do (or pre-pregnancy) take my diet seriously - I am a little lapse with it at the moment - but will get back on track after the baby.
Sally x

congrats on your baby girl.

also do you guys have to watch your salt intake? even cereals like brans flakes etc..have tons of salt...I would think it would be bad for the heart, after all the damage from the previous weight issues?

BTW- what fantastic work you've done your loss...you're a inspiration.

Last edited:
Back