• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What size clothes to wear post surgery?

tinribs

Hi I'm having my TT on the 26th Nov in Belgium I'm trying to get organised & pack (like getting my case ready when I had my boys) I keep reading that I will need to wear baggy clothes post -op. I'm about 12/14 at the momnet but still have some size 16 trousers and a couple of shirts.Is this about the right size? I have got size 12 jogging bottoms and leggings but wonder would these be too tight? Also I've been told take buttom up shirts not anything that has to go over my head, any advice please. Sorry to go on but advice on what others took with them (I am going away for 6 days) Thanks

hi after the op you will be quite swollen and they will give you a body support to wear under your clothes, this has to be worn a few months, its best to have comfy joggers that will just go over the body support a size up is normal and should be ok.

Thanks Liz, do I need to buy some bigger knockers?? I'm assuming I will need the full type not bikini ones?

:D LOL at knockers !! u getting new knockers as well lolol

i still wore my little ones as the body stocking covered what big knickers would cover any way !!

:D knickers to it keep your own lol

liz x

Good luck with your TT
I'm having mine on the same day :)

Hi ! I had my TT and lipo last week (Weds) I'm normally a size 14-16, have been wearing size 16 joggers and pyjamas, ben absolutely fine. The corset pulls me in so much that I think my size 14 would have been fine. And pain has been totally manageable so far. Lost 4kgs of fat / skin and cant see too much through the bandages but look SO much flatter and neater, it's incredible. Good lucck with yours. I'll let you know how I go for the next coupl of weeks. Hils

my goodness hils that's almost 9 lbs - no wonder your tummy looks flatter

I'm in for my tt and lipo 2 weeks today - was thinking of losing about 10lbs post op but if I lose as much skin as you I wont need to - how nice would that be?

Good luck with the op Lou - 2 weeks will absolutely fly ! Going down to the hospital in a couple of hours to get the drain out (hooray!) and get it redressed. Looking forward to seeing what it all looks like, difficult to tell with the bandages and the swelling ! Tinribs goes in to day I think (lost track of dates) so hope she's okay. And let me know how you get on! Hils x

gosh do they leave the drains in when you go home - i didn't know that

let me know how it looks - i'm really excited for you

Hi Lou. Yes drains stayed in for a week with me. Just a bit of an inconvenience, not really a problem. Went back to the hospital on Weds and had the drain taken out (not painful at all and had heard it can be horrid) and the dressings redone. Saw my scar for the first time, wasn't too bad at all, long (which I expected) but not too think which I was worried about. Just want the swelling to go down now, really am quite distended but I think this can take quite a few weeks. Stay in touch over yours, it will be worth it. Hils xx

I was a size 10-12 before the op and was wearing size 10 trackys and pjs from a few days after the op (wore hospital gown until then)

The binder pulls me in so much that even with the swelling my normal clothes fit loosely

Bluehail, i am sooooo pleased for you. Your weight loss is phenomenal, you must feel amazing. To go from a size 32 to a size 10 is just unbelievable...... i bet you're like a different person!

Congratulations and I hope you're pleased with the results of your TT

xx

Bluehail, i am sooooo pleased for you. Your weight loss is phenomenal, you must feel amazing. To go from a size 32 to a size 10 is just unbelievable...... i bet you're like a different person!

Congratulations and I hope you're pleased with the results of your TT

xx

Aww thankyou! :eek:
and good luck with your TT :)
If you want to see my pics just send me a friend request as they're set to private (i think they are anyway, if i did it right lol)

Hi Lou. Yes drains stayed in for a week with me. Just a bit of an inconvenience, not really a problem. Went back to the hospital on Weds and had the drain taken out (not painful at all and had heard it can be horrid) and the dressings redone. Saw my scar for the first time, wasn't too bad at all, long (which I expected) but not too think which I was worried about. Just want the swelling to go down now, really am quite distended but I think this can take quite a few weeks. Stay in touch over yours, it will be worth it. Hils xx

Hi Hils

They took my drains out before i left hospital and i was immediately more mobile so guess I was quite lucky. I'm now in the waiting to be unwrapped mode so I can see the scar and the difference. Can definately tell that I'm very swollen - anyone got any idea how soon after the surgery we get a good idea of final results?

Hey drains straight out, thats great ! I'm not sure how long the swelling lasts either, anybody know ? I've been back to work this week (op was 19th Nov) and honestly I've found it tough ! Very tired and stoop more as the day goes on - like process of evolution in reverse ! Am assuming it's normal but guess each case is individual. Given a choice would've left it another week before back at work full on.. but there you go ! Looking forward to the swelling being totally gone, think it could be a while. Let me know how you get on ! Hils x

I'm not sure how long the swelling lasts either, anybody know ?

I'm 16 days post op and apart from a tiny bit of swelling right near my scar it looks pretty much gone to me.
For some reason I didn't really have much swelling to start with though.

My consultant told me before the op that swelling can last up to 6-12mths.

Last edited:
Back