• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Postponing an appointment

xsarahloux

~4 weigh ins til refeed!~
Hi all,

I was on this forum a while back being referred for a band. i had my first appointment in may, and in all honesty, even though i have thought long and hard about the surgery, it really scared me.

i came away from the appointment with a new found vigour to try one last time before taking that last chance saloon trip.

i started Lipotrim in May (just days after my appointment) and it has been really successful so far, losing 51lbs in 9 weeks. i have had my letter through for my next appointment, with the nutritionist, psychologist etc. i obviously couldn't present a food diary, because in case any of you aren't familiar, Lipotrim is a total food replacement diet.

I'm feeling really determined on Lipotrim and feel like i'm going to succeed therefore i want to defer my appointment, not fall out of the system completley, just put things on hold while i try one last time.

do you think they will allow this? i want to do it as soon as really so someone else, more deserving probably due to my change of heart, can have my appointment.

thanks in advance,

Sarah xx

Sure they will understand - probably not used to people deferring appts! How long are you going to ask them to put it back? Glad the lipotrim is proving so successful for you.

hi just read your post and although i dont know anything about surgical weight loss had to just say well done and i know how you feel -just my doctor talking about swl made me run for cambridge i am sure they will understand if you want to defer your appontments and i can understand you wanting to stay in the system i'm still going to see the psycologist as i need to sort out my feelings towards food also cant do a food diary as i'm not sure shake for breakfast bar for lunch porridge for dinner - when i got stressed i had some fizzy water is quite what they're looking for LOL

well done

hi just read your post and although i dont know anything about surgical weight loss had to just say well done and i know how you feel -just my doctor talking about swl made me run for cambridge i am sure they will understand if you want to defer your appontments and i can understand you wanting to stay in the system i'm still going to see the psycologist as i need to sort out my feelings towards food also cant do a food diary as i'm not sure shake for breakfast bar for lunch porridge for dinner - when i got stressed i had some fizzy water is quite what they're looking for LOL
well done

Thanks hun! and congrats on your progress too!

Sure they will understand - probably not used to people deferring appts! How long are you going to ask them to put it back? Glad the lipotrim is proving so successful for you.

That's what i'm a bit concerned about, Caroline; i'm sure they're not used to people wanted to defer (was thinking 6 months - if Lipotrim is successful i should be done around then) i was also very nervous about posting this thread due to being conscious of all those lovely people who desperately want an appointment and i'm changing my mind about mine!

if any of you are reading this, i'm very sorry and dont mean to appear ungrateful or a time waster!

also if any of you are waiting for Luton/Dunstable, i'll let you know when i defer it so you can pounce and ask if there any cancellations!

good for you having another go as wls should always be looked at as a very last resort, well done with the weight loss, i hope you can maintain that loss long term, this was the reason that i opted for banding was because i could lose weight but never maintain the losses long term.

good luck !

liz x

I am the same as you Liz. I have never had a problem losing weight. It is keeping it off that was the problem. THat is why I have the band,

Well done on yr lipotrim weight loss - I'm not familiar with it at all - is it like slimfast?

I agree with others that WLS really is the very last house on the diet street and it's great that you are able to give more conventional methods a real go. x

Hi Sarah, well done on your weight loss with lipotrim. You're doing great and I really hope you can keep it off so you don't have to go through with surgery.I too am like other minis here. I could lose the weight but I'd gain it back with more added on, hence why I opted for the band. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

Well done on yr lipotrim weight loss - I'm not familiar with it at all - is it like slimfast?

I agree with others that WLS really is the very last house on the diet street and it's great that you are able to give more conventional methods a real go. x

Hiya quetiapina,

It's similar i suppose, no food at all though rather than a meal in the evening like slimfast. it's like Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet - not sure if you are familiar with either of them?

Thanks everyone, i have always been able to lose weight, but Lipotrim is the only thing i've ever been successful at losing all of it (about 3 years ago). i am still worried it will all come back on again. it is a worry of mine, like all of you too. we'll have to see.

thanks everyone! xxx

Sarah, they will understand and believe me they wouldnt want to operate on someone who wasnt 100% sure thats what they wanted. Sure they will give you another appt for 6 months time - you go girl - wish I had found a system that had worked for me that I could get on with but I didnt - if Lipotrim is the way forward for you then embrace it.

Back