• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pouch stretched?

Tyraboots

I still have foods that make me sick. But some days I can really put away food, and drink half a pint of fluid straight down. I am about 10 weeks post op, could I have stretched my pouch?

No - Dont worry!

I had the same panic when I was newly post op - I am a year (next week) post op and there are times I can eat loooooads and then certain times I cant eat alot at all, even now it varies.

Its amazingly unlikely you have stretched your poach unless you have been having lots and lots of fizzy drinks?

Keep the faith and the op will work for you. Learn to listen to your pouch and make sure your stopping eating when full, not when you have finished your portion....

xxxxx

I'm the same there are days when i just can't stop eating and there are others when i don't eat much so far its been ok weight loss wise. My surgeon also told me you really have to some some serious breaking of every rule to stretch your pouch so try not to worry your pouch will be finexx

I also worry about this - cos I seem to be able to eat far more than I imagined I would be able to.

Is it possible that the surgeon would not have made it small enough? Or that he hasn't bypassed enough intestine? Cos I am not losing (I know I have mentioned this before lol and sorry to hijack your post :( )

I fully understand all of the above concerns, ive been there and felt exactly the same as you are now. But I learnt to have faith in my op, eat right (high protein, low carb, low sugar) and exercise as much as I can and the weight will fall off, i promise :)

Just think to what you used to eat compared to now, is it anything like it used to be? No! So obviously it has worked! :)

As for "bypassed enough intestine" - For me its impossible to tell - If your not losing weight, up your protein and water in take, lower your carbs and change your exercise regime, try that for a month and i promise you will see a weight loss and you will get the faith in your op back :)

Keep smiling :) x

Back