• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre gastric bypass

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all

Does everybody have to do a pre-op diet and if so what did it consist of please?

Nic xx

Hello, I had to do a pre op diet before!
I think they vary, but my consisted of 4 weightwatchers soups a day, and 4 mullerlight, and only suger free drinks. I had to do this for 3 weeks before my op, but i know some do it only for 2!

Hiya

Thanks for that info x

jammy did u have the same surgeon as me?? i had exactly the same pre op diet for 3 weeks... i never felt hungry but boy was i bored lost 12lb tho.... i think it does depend on the surgeon others ive spoken to have done other pre op diets like one like the atkins diet and one was only allowed to drink milk.... yuck lol....
Donna xx

jammy did u have the same surgeon as me?? i had exactly the same pre op diet for 3 weeks... i never felt hungry but boy was i bored lost 12lb tho.... i think it does depend on the surgeon others ive spoken to have done other pre op diets like one like the atkins diet and one was only allowed to drink milk.... yuck lol....
Donna xx
thanks Donna xx

Thanks for asking this question Nic,I was wondering the same thing. I've never been able to drink these weight watchers things - I can't stand the taste, and even to see an ad with someone drinking them makes me feel ill (I have a very weak stomach when it comes to yukky things - and I'm not just talking food). Oh God, I'd be more worried about having to have those than going under the knife. ;)

Be interesting to hear what anyone else was given as a pre-op diet.

Gerry
:)

jammy i was done on the nhs by albriec fiennes team mr adamo at uch in central london. im sure my surgeon has a private clinic in sutton!!!

hey gerry!!! b4 i started i thought god!!! not weght watchers soups!!! i remember them being gross and thin and tasteless!!!:cry:
but i was really pleasantly suprised!!:D the soups were actually quite thick and tasty and they had a wide range of them!!! i admit to being a tomato ketchup addict and i used to put a bit of ketchup in the soup!!! it was the yoghurts that i got sick of lol..... but its not bad cos u know u only have to do it 4 a short time unlike most diets that seem never ending lol....
Donna xxx

Donna,

I was private and Dr Fiennes did my surgery, so did he did your to? When did you have it done again?
I will be 3 weeks post op on sat, and will be seeing Dr Fiennes for the first time after surgery in may!

xx

Mandy,
with the pre op diet, i had a yoghurt for breakfast, one for lunch, a soup in the evening and another yoghurt. I was allowed up to 4 soups aday but after the first week didn't feel like i needed them!

hope this helps
xx

Nic (and anyone else who is interested), I have just been given the pre op diet booklet from my friend who had her bypass in January, and I've copied out the diet in my thread (entitled "Think I may go for it") if you want to have a look. There is a lot more to it than just soups and yoghurts though. I was worried initially, but having looked more closely I think I will be fine. Only thing to bear in mind is that it seems to vary from one hospital to another. This was for Charring Cross.

Hope this helps.

Gerry
:)

as i said b4 some of the girls in my ward did an atkins type diet some did milk only and some the weightwatchers soup etc... some just protien shakes!!! so like gerry says it all depends on ur hospital or surgeon!!! and how long you have to do it 4 i think!!! my bmi was 46 so mine was only a few weeks to shrink my liver, other girls who's bmi was over 50 had to do it for longer to get their bmi's down to a safe level!!! so its all swings and roundabouts untill ur surgeon tells u wot its gonna be!!! how exciting tho ay????
Donna xx

ohhh jammy lol... i did think we had the same surgeon!!! well mr fiennes saw me etc... hes excentric but very nice lol...but one of his team at uch dr adamo actually did my surgery!!! mine was on 1st feb!! i went bk to see mr fiennes on march 5th and i go bk again 29th may....
i have some advice 4 u!!! wen u go for ur appt make sure u talk about ur weightloss in kilo's cos id lost 17kgs wen i went for my first appt and i made the mistake of asking what that was in pounds!!! ha!! i had to sit thru a 10min lecture on why i should only talk in kilo's not pounds lol.... bless him... so think kilo kilo kilo lol... ive been practicing!! ive lost around 26kg now!!! 4 stone 9lbs in my head tho lol!!!! good luck at ur appt let me know how u get on!!!!#
Donna xxx

Mandy,
with the pre op diet, i had a yoghurt for breakfast, one for lunch, a soup in the evening and another yoghurt. I was allowed up to 4 soups aday but after the first week didn't feel like i needed them!

hope this helps
xx

Thanks that is great!!!!!!!!! a real help!!!!!!!!!! keep thinking 3 weeks today and i go in to hospital.....

Donna,
Its such a small world, i made that mistake of asking what it was in pounds when i saw him for my pre op consultation! lol! he went on and on about it and i still didn't understand what the real difference is! i do find him quite hard to speak to, but he is good and has had alot of sucsess so i cant complain to much! I'm going to his support group on Saturday!

jane x

Back